Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 39,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 1A or 2A charger

Tip us?

axayyjoshi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Battery Full [Q] 1A or 2A charger

Hey guys, I am planning to buy a new charger for my phone.
I am confused between 1A and 2A charger.

Will charging my phone with a 2A charger have any effect on the battery life, Heard from someone that the 2A charger will kill my battery, Is it true?
As the charger provided by motorola takes a lot of time to charge the battery to 100%, I thought of upgrading my charger.

Please advice!

My device is XT1033 (16GB dual sim)

thanking in advance

simmac
Old
Thanks Meter 11
The phone will only take the current it needs and can handle, so there won't be any damage to your battery.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to simmac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NextGenGTR
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by axayyjoshi View Post
Hey guys, I am planning to buy a new charger for my phone.
I am confused between 1A and 2A charger.

Will charging my phone with a 2A charger have any effect on the battery life, Heard from someone that the 2A charger will kill my battery, Is it true?
As the charger provided by motorola takes a lot of time to charge the battery to 100%, I thought of upgrading my charger.

Please advice!

My device is XT1033 (16GB dual sim)

thanking in advance
Im using a 2A Gtiffin charger and my Moto G currently is doing fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to NextGenGTR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ihk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i use 1A charger and no heat at back of my phone(or in battery).full charged keep me 1.5-2.5 days. so i will say 1A
Moto G | XT1032 | C-Rom |
The Following User Says Thank You to ihk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME
2A charger will supply all that the phone needs, even under heavy use (i.e. it'll keep on charging instead of having the battery decrease while plugged in) and it has much better odds of working well with your next phone and the one after that.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]