Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to slim a ROM - find APKs related files?

Tip us?

Mako0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Question [Q] How to slim a ROM - find APKs related files?

Hi friends from all over the world,
I'm triyng to make my own slimmed version of a ROM's .zip, by deleting some APKs and changing some other files (media, bootanaim, walls; minor changes to systemui and framework-res; etc)..

Until now, I've done it several times, but I think that I can do a more in-depth research to reduce junk files..

Is there a way to find a list of LIBs and other files that are related to the APKs that I delete??..

I've tried two ways:
1) Decompiling APKs and "explore" to find related files
2) Search all over the Web to find information

None of the two has brought me to relevant information.. maybe the Number (1) method, but is a very long process, so I'm here

Any ideas??

(Look at my signature to know what device/rom I'm using)
Nexus 5 CM 11

Uzayr
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako0 View Post
Hi friends from all over the world,
I'm triyng to make my own slimmed version of a ROM's .zip, by deleting some APKs and changing some other files (media, bootanaim, walls; minor changes to systemui and framework-res; etc)..

Until now, I've done it several times, but I think that I can do a more in-depth research to reduce junk files..

Is there a way to find a list of LIBs and other files that are related to the APKs that I delete??..

I've tried two ways:
1) Decompiling APKs and "explore" to find related files
2) Search all over the Web to find information

None of the two has brought me to relevant information.. maybe the Number (1) method, but is a very long process, so I'm here

Any ideas??

(Look at my signature to know what device/rom I'm using)
you can simply delete the apps which are not needed from system/apps

don't mess with libs, it'll cause prolems to the rom.

Mako0
Old
(Last edited by Mako0; 1st June 2014 at 08:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzayr View Post
you can simply delete the apps which are not needed from system/apps

don't mess with libs, it'll cause prolems to the rom.
I know.. but I "mess" only with non-basic apps..

For example, I delete some Google apps like Gmail, Text-to-speech, LiveWallpapers, and other.
In case I need to wipe everithing, my phone start with calendar, calculator, voice recorder, camera, terminal, phone, stock e-mail, sms, file manager, clock, browser and video/music player.
(I use minimal Gapps from dev Banks)

I use only "trusted" apps, that ask right permissions, and not redundant-clone-unusefull apps..

All the other apps are downloadable on the playstore... until I log with Goggle account, I have a Nokia 3310 with much bigger display..
It's my point of view..
Nexus 5 CM 11

Uzayr
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako0 View Post
I know.. but I "mess" only with non-basic apps..

For example, I delete some Google apps like Gmail, Text-to-speech, LiveWallpapers, and other.
In case I need to wipe everithing, my phone start with calendar, calculator, voice recorder, camera, terminal, phone, stock e-mail, sms, file manager, clock, browser and video/music player.
(I use minimal Gapps from dev Banks)

I use only "trusted" apps, that ask right permissions, and not redundant-clone-unusefull apps..

All the other apps are downloadable on the playstore... until I log with Goggle account, I have a Nokia 3310 with much bigger display..
It's my point of view..
just deleting the apps you should be fine. libs, relate to the functions of the rom.
not much to apps.

although...it's better you don't mess with google apps i guess..can lead to problems