Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to slim a ROM - find APKs related files?

OP Mako0

1st June 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #1  
Mako0's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156
 
227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Hi friends from all over the world,
I'm triyng to make my own slimmed version of a ROM's .zip, by deleting some APKs and changing some other files (media, bootanaim, walls; minor changes to systemui and framework-res; etc)..

Until now, I've done it several times, but I think that I can do a more in-depth research to reduce junk files..

Is there a way to find a list of LIBs and other files that are related to the APKs that I delete??..

I've tried two ways:
1) Decompiling APKs and "explore" to find related files
2) Search all over the Web to find information

None of the two has brought me to relevant information.. maybe the Number (1) method, but is a very long process, so I'm here

Any ideas??

(Look at my signature to know what device/rom I'm using)
1st June 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #2  
Uzayr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 487
 
387 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako0

Hi friends from all over the world,
I'm triyng to make my own slimmed version of a ROM's .zip, by deleting some APKs and changing some other files (media, bootanaim, walls; minor changes to systemui and framework-res; etc)..

Until now, I've done it several times, but I think that I can do a more in-depth research to reduce junk files..

Is there a way to find a list of LIBs and other files that are related to the APKs that I delete??..

I've tried two ways:
1) Decompiling APKs and "explore" to find related files
2) Search all over the Web to find information

None of the two has brought me to relevant information.. maybe the Number (1) method, but is a very long process, so I'm here

Any ideas??

(Look at my signature to know what device/rom I'm using)

you can simply delete the apps which are not needed from system/apps

don't mess with libs, it'll cause prolems to the rom.
1st June 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #3  
Mako0's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156
 
227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzayr

you can simply delete the apps which are not needed from system/apps

don't mess with libs, it'll cause prolems to the rom.

I know.. but I "mess" only with non-basic apps..

For example, I delete some Google apps like Gmail, Text-to-speech, LiveWallpapers, and other.
In case I need to wipe everithing, my phone start with calendar, calculator, voice recorder, camera, terminal, phone, stock e-mail, sms, file manager, clock, browser and video/music player.
(I use minimal Gapps from dev Banks)

I use only "trusted" apps, that ask right permissions, and not redundant-clone-unusefull apps..

All the other apps are downloadable on the playstore... until I log with Goggle account, I have a Nokia 3310 with much bigger display..
It's my point of view..
Last edited by Mako0; 1st June 2014 at 09:50 AM.
1st June 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #4  
Uzayr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 487
 
387 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako0

I know.. but I "mess" only with non-basic apps..

For example, I delete some Google apps like Gmail, Text-to-speech, LiveWallpapers, and other.
In case I need to wipe everithing, my phone start with calendar, calculator, voice recorder, camera, terminal, phone, stock e-mail, sms, file manager, clock, browser and video/music player.
(I use minimal Gapps from dev Banks)

I use only "trusted" apps, that ask right permissions, and not redundant-clone-unusefull apps..

All the other apps are downloadable on the playstore... until I log with Goggle account, I have a Nokia 3310 with much bigger display..
It's my point of view..

just deleting the apps you should be fine. libs, relate to the functions of the rom.
not much to apps.

although...it's better you don't mess with google apps i guess..can lead to problems
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes