The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Storage

OP vangeodee

1st June 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birth: Cebu, Current: Puerto Princesa
Thanks Meter: 23

128 posts
More
this may seem like a uesless question but it's bugged me ever since I got my LGOG.

Does the stock LG UI (4.1.2) really eat up 5-7GB of space!?

The OG comes with 32GB of storage (although I know that it's not exactly 32GB since there's a lot of conversion stuff going on) and there's only 25GB of available storage space? I know a friend who has a 16GB Nexus 4 running stock 4.4.2 KitKat and the stock KitKat only eats up around 3-4GB of storage. Is LG's UI really that much of a storage hog?

Another thing, does the 4.4.2 update consume the same amount of space? or does it consume more? And what ROM eats the LEAST amount of storage?

Sidenote: I hope somebody can make a bare-bones 4.4.2 ROM that will eat up the least amount of space
1st June 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 5

94 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangeodee

this may seem like a uesless question but it's bugged me ever since I got my LGOG.

Does the stock LG UI (4.1.2) really eat up 5-7GB of space!?

The OG comes with 32GB of storage (although I know that it's not exactly 32GB since there's a lot of conversion stuff going on) and there's only 25GB of available storage space? I know a friend who has a 16GB Nexus 4 running stock 4.4.2 KitKat and the stock KitKat only eats up around 3-4GB of storage. Is LG's UI really that much of a storage hog?

Another thing, does the 4.4.2 update consume the same amount of space? or does it consume more? And what ROM eats the LEAST amount of storage?

Sidenote: I hope somebody can make a bare-bones 4.4.2 ROM that will eat up the least amount of space

After flashing the kitkat I still got the 25 GB storage. My thoughts 25 GB storage is on the Data partition (user available for documents and files etc) rest of the space is in the system partition and in combine it called 32 GB. That is not the expert opinion just my thought I could be wrong
1st June 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 370

1,078 posts
More
Internal storage is 32GB....which includes all the partitions like, data, system, boot, bootloader, modem, efs, etc...

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2
1st June 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

128 posts
More
I recall reading somewhere here on the LGOG xda forum that somebody was able to get 28.5gb storage by installing a custom rom. I'll try to look for that post.

anyway, can somebody shed insight as to what eats up the 5gb? Titanium Backup says my System ROM is 2.11gb (hooray! just gotta wait for stripped down KK ROM!) and suprisingly.. Also shows 26.8gb of free space while settings>storage and clean master show only 25.04gb. Already now I'm really confused.

If what Titanium backup says is true, what's eating up the remaining 3gb? and if clean master is correct, what's eating the 5gb?
1st June 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 72

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangeodee

I recall reading somewhere here on the LGOG xda forum that somebody was able to get 28.5gb storage by installing a custom rom. I'll try to look for that post.

anyway, can somebody shed insight as to what eats up the 5gb? Titanium Backup says my System ROM is 2.11gb (hooray! just gotta wait for stripped down KK ROM!) and suprisingly.. Also shows 26.8gb of free space while settings>storage and clean master show only 25.04gb. Already now I'm really confused.

If what Titanium backup says is true, what's eating up the remaining 3gb? and if clean master is correct, what's eating the 5gb?

Firmware, recovery, modem, etc etc and mostly reserved for apps, i think. Of course nexuses use less storage since they're vanilla android.
1st June 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunch21

Firmware, recovery, modem, etc etc and mostly reserved for apps, i think. Of course nexuses use less storage since they're vanilla android.

so the 3-5gb is gobbled up by that? I hope there's a ROM coming up that is as close to vanilla as possible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread