Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,460 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Stuck on Samsung boot screen!

Tip us?

Brantosapien
Old
(Last edited by Ghost; 2nd June 2014 at 12:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Help! Stuck on Samsung boot screen!

Have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (SCH-i605). Took the latest OTA update to VRUEMJ9. Have since rooted and installed SafeStrap and was happily running N3BULA ROM, when I decided to explore a bit and tried to flash Alliance ROM. Now I'm stuck on the Samsung boot screen and can go no further. I am able to access Android system recovery, but when I try to 'apply update from external storage' I get 'E:signature verication failed' message. Tried to flash to stock via Odin, but unsuccessful. Shows Added in Odin but nothing happens when I select the .pit file or the .tar file. This is a work issued phone, so any help to get up and running would be greatly appreciated!

dagger
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantosapien View Post
Have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (SCH-i605). Took the latest OTA update to VRUEMJ9. Have since rooted and installed SafeStrap and was happily running N3BULA ROM, when I decided to explore a bit and tried to flash Alliance ROM. Now I'm stuck on the Samsung boot screen and can go no further. I am able to access Android system recovery, but when I try to 'apply update from external storage' I get 'E:signature verication failed' message. Tried to flash to stock via Odin, but unsuccessful. Shows Added in Odin but nothing happens when I select the .pit file or the .tar file. This is a work issued phone, so any help to get up and running would be greatly appreciated!
Have you performed a "wipe data" option from the recovery after flashing the alliance ROM (it wipes your user data)?
Because I just visited the alliance ROM thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2032447 and in the install instructions its mentioned so.
Better take a little time and properly read the install instructions during flashing..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Brantosapien
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger View Post
Have you performed a "wipe data" option from the recovery after flashing the alliance ROM (it wipes your user data)?
Because I just visited the alliance ROM thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2032447 and in the install instructions its mentioned so.
Better take a little time and properly read the install instructions during flashing..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
I never had that option. I've flashed numerous ROMS before and am pretty meticulous when it comes to following instructions. It appeared to have a custom flash script which allowed me to pick what I did and didn't want to install. I tried to keep it mostly stock and when it completed, it automatically rebooted (didn't give me an option to 'wipe data') and now leaves me stuck on the Samsung Boot Screen. I was able to flash the .pit file via Odin, but keep getting a 'MD5 hash value is invalid' when I try to flash the .tar file.

dagger
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantosapien View Post
I never had that option. I've flashed numerous ROMS before and am pretty meticulous when it comes to following instructions. It appeared to have a custom flash script which allowed me to pick what I did and didn't want to install. I tried to keep it mostly stock and when it completed, it automatically rebooted (didn't give me an option to 'wipe data') and now leaves me stuck on the Samsung Boot Screen. I was able to flash the .pit file via Odin, but keep getting a 'MD5 hash value is invalid' when I try to flash the .tar file.
You should enter into recovery and then manually wipe data..
Also if that thing doesnt work, then have a look at this thread which explains how to go back to stock rom..

btiu
Old
(Last edited by btiu; 1st June 2014 at 12:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
In addition,
A. Why doesnt Odin work?
Did you unextract the tar and pit from the rar/zip so that odin could recognize the files as suggested in dagger's link in section 1b step 2?
Did you install samsung drivers on your computer properly? You may use this toolkit for that

B. Rescue by CWM
Signature verification failed is caused (I think) by stock samsung recovery's choosiness, if you are sure you downloaded the zip correctly. What zip did you exactly try to flash?

So now, you may want to flash a cwm recovery or a kernel that contains cwm inside. Flashing usually uses adb using fastboot. Search "flashing a recovery image" or "flashing a kernel" where your chosen kernel should have cwm inside. cwm usually does not put out that signature verification error.

Remember:
You can access recovery mode through an app or by pressing a button combo when turning your phone on. Device specific.
Stock samsung recovery can wipe data.
CWM can also wipe data, and is the preferred installation method for most/all custom roms. And it can make a nandroid backup.
If ever you do choose to flash, you'll need the toolkit to install adb/fastboot drivers, but maybe since yours in locked bootloader the adb thing might not work.

Hope this helps
Give thanks where due.
Devices:
Xperia NeoV MT11i

SiriusUI 1.2
LegacyXperia Kernel
Must try KK: C-Rom: 3andala
Must try JB: RacingBean:headfox
Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360++++++++O+8.31z | GT-P1000

Stock GB
Stock DXLC Kernel
Stock Recovery (as of now)
rooted
Fave Kernel: savie's kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to btiu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe