Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Voicemail app?

Tip us?

GLO
Old
(Last edited by GLO; 31st May 2014 at 10:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Voicemail app?

Hi,

A guy i met has one of these z2 handsets and he was showing me how it has an integrated voicemail app.

At first glance i thought it was visual voicemail but he said it wasn't and that it was z2 specific.

Can anyone clarify this, as visual voicemail isn't available in australia for android!

Thanks
my HTC history:
Current device : HTC ONE (M8)
Still own: ONE M7; ONE XL, SENSATION XE, HD2, TYTN2.

bob2k4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLO View Post
Hi,

A guy it has one of these z2 handsets and he was showing me how it has an integrated voicemail app.

At first glance i thought it was visual voicemail but he said it wasn't and that it was z2 specific.

Can anyone clarify this, as visual voicemail isn't available in australia for android!

Thanks
The voicemail app is stand alone and is independent from your carrier voicemail. It would be expected that you would not use your carrier service if you wanted to use the app.

GLO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2k4 View Post
The voicemail app is stand alone and is independent from your carrier voicemail. It would be expected that you would not use your carrier service if you wanted to use the app.
That is how I understand it.

No diversions are used, simply the app would answer the call after a nominal time frame and accept the call and play your recorded voice message and also record the message that has been left.

The other interesting thing is the integration with the call history, as it will show when a recording has been left.

It all seems completely viable, and I'm wanting to try it my android handset.

Does this actually exist on the z2?
my HTC history:
Current device : HTC ONE (M8)
Still own: ONE M7; ONE XL, SENSATION XE, HD2, TYTN2.

dwoodwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
When the z2 was announced I heard it had this feature. Completely forgot about it until now. Not seen anything on the device though

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

G.Reaper
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Works well for normal calls, though doesn't answer sip calls even if using the stock sip client.

Also kind of obvious but not explicitly stated - it will only answer if the phone has registered the incoming call. So no off or out of service messages.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Tags
voicemail embedded visual