Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 51,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replaceable battery in the future?

Tip us?

HeartUnderBlade
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Replaceable battery in the future?

This is my first Sony phone so I'm wondering if the battery is replaceable in the future in case it ever needs replacing? Perhaps a Sony veteran can answer my question. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

paras
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Nope

Sent From My Nexus 5 Stock 4.4.2 ART
Sony Xperia Z2 Stock 4.4.2

Nexus 5 Stock 4.4.2

Htc One M7 Android Revolution HD 62.0 Kitkat 4.4.2 Sixth Sense

napkun
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartUnderBlade View Post
This is my first Sony phone so I'm wondering if the battery is replaceable in the future in case it ever needs replacing? Perhaps a Sony veteran can answer my question. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
It is replaceable, the teardown shows how it can be removed but it isn't an easy task and might compromise your phone's ability to resist water. If you really do need a new battery then I would suggest you take it to a Sony center and have it done through them. But if you're decent with the battery, you shouldn't see significant degradation of battery life for at least a year. I remember reading somewhere that Sony offers one free battery replacement but I don't have a source on this so take it with a grain of salt.
The Following User Says Thank You to napkun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HeartUnderBlade
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by napkun View Post
It is replaceable, the teardown shows how it can be removed but it isn't an easy task and might compromise your phone's ability to resist water. If you really do need a new battery then I would suggest you take it to a Sony center and have it done through them. But if you're decent with the battery, you shouldn't see significant degradation of battery life for at least a year. I remember reading somewhere that Sony offers one free battery replacement but I don't have a source on this so take it with a grain of salt.
Ah thanks for the info!