Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

possible exploit

Tip us?

David111jr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Angry possible exploit

I remember some else sayin g this in another thread but can't remember which one. But any way I was trying art out but my battery was gettin g creamed with it so I switched back to dalvik during reboot my bootloader screen had a unlock logo along with it saying custom underneath the unlock logo.

Could we exploiting this. I'm not home or anywhere near a computer to try. But I was thinking if we can enter recover right after rebooting back to dalvik it may let us flash?

Just an idea, I hope this can lead to something.

cstayton
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,934

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by David111jr View Post
I remember some else sayin g this in another thread but can't remember which one. But any way I was trying art out but my battery was gettin g creamed with it so I switched back to dalvik during reboot my bootloader screen had a unlock logo along with it saying custom underneath the unlock logo.

Could we exploiting this. I'm not home or anywhere near a computer to try. But I was thinking if we can enter recover right after rebooting back to dalvik it may let us flash?

Just an idea, I hope this can lead to something.
Nope not an exploit this is just what happens when you switch to art rather than dalvik

Devices:
HTC One X+ Retired
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Root KoolKit ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7" JB4.2.2 SM-T217A Rooted S5 Tweaked

If you think my work is worthwhile feel free to donate
by clicking on the "Donate to me" button.
Thank you for your support.

eortizr
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Jesus Christ, I can believe people still asking the same dumb question. all time.... READ people, do a search before posting.....
Please hit 'Thanks' if I helped you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eortizr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Philyteach
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
Jesus Christ, I can believe people still asking the same dumb question. all time.... READ people, do a search before posting.....
Dude, take something for that. You're gonna stroke out getting your blood pressure up over little stuff like that.
----
The "thanks" button is great if I helped you. I always need more space on dropbox too. If you don't already have an account click http://db.tt/zaSKX4L to get one.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Philyteach For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

David111jr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philyteach View Post
Dude, take something for that. You're gonna stroke out getting your blood pressure up over little stuff like that.
lol i noticed people in this forum are on edge when it comes to root. i just got my phone this weekend so im still making my way through the forum. i just noticed something and wanted to throw it out there. ive been in the android community for a long time now and if you guys have been here as long as i, should know sometimes it could be the simplest things that could be a break through.

just trying to help.

i really dont care for root as much as others, coming from an m7 im happy with the upgrade.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David111jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Br4nd3n
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Been posted many times, unfortunately it's nothing but a mere custom logo with no hopes of anything.. thanks for trying though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,202

DONATE TO ME
Please search before posting
Thanks
FNSM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

Tags
bootloader, root, unlock