ElementalX double tap issue

Search This thread

kurtyyyyyy

Sep 13, 2012
Just a quick Q, does elemental work flawlessly for those who use dt2w? I've found if I leave my tablet for a while without using it and then come back to it (Like an hour or 2), double tap just does nothing. Just wondering if this is a known issue? Sorry, I'm new to the n7, but have had the n5 for a long time now so very familiar.

kurtyyyyyy

Sep 13, 2012
Doing a little research..

Before locking your tablet, I think you have to back out of all apps first to your homescreen, then lock it. Can anyone confirm this?

sbaeder

May 8, 2010
Make sure you turn it off in correct way, since it can be disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

kurtyyyyyy

Sep 13, 2012
Make sure you turn it off in correct way, since it can be disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

What's the correct way? I just press power button to lock..

I'm going to try a custom rom, and see if that changes anything. Already tried chaos kernel and same thing happened.

brett_day

I'm going to try a custom rom, and see if that changes anything. Already tried chaos kernel and same thing happened.

Thats' the problem. Pressing the power button cycles through the swipe/tap to turn on function. I never use the power button to turn it off, i just swipe across the bottom of the screen, or close the magnetic front cover to my case to shut the screen down

Reactions: kurtyyyyyy

kurtyyyyyy

Sep 13, 2012
Thats' the problem. Pressing the power button cycles through the swipe/tap to turn on function. I never use the power button to turn it off, i just swipe across the bottom of the screen, or close the magnetic front cover to my case to shut the screen down

Think you've cracked it! Suppose I should have figured. Thanks a lot mate.

Reactions: brett_day

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I use the power button to turn it off and have no issues. Just font select the option to disable it in the ROM setup and it works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Think you've cracked it! Suppose I should have figured. Thanks a lot mate.
    I'm on stock, where is that setting?

That setting is found when you flash the kernel. If you want to change the behavior of the tap to wake etc, you will need to reflash Elemental X
    Awesome, works now. Must have missed that option the first time. Thanks all