Can't receive calls while using data in s4 mini duos? Solved

1st June 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I had this problem: In my galaxy s4 mini duos (gt 9192) I use both SIM cards for voice and the SIM 2 for data connection. So SIM 1 is in GSM only mode and SIM 2 is in GSM/WCDMA auto select mode. I leave the mobile data always on and I got lot of dropped calls to the SIM 1. Every time I pick up the phone there were lot of messages which were Missed Call Alerts to the SIM 1. There was no problem in receiving calls to SIM 2.

With some testing I noted that the phone does not receive calls through SIM1 whenever the data connection indicates H+ sign ( Data connection is though the SIM2). Yet I could receive calls when that data indicator indicated as 3g. Finally found a solution to this.

Solution: Go to Settings -> My Device -> SIM card manager and put the tick on Receive Incoming Calls, which is the first entry under General tab.
It gives a warning message saying the data speeds will be reduced by enabling this option. Still when I enabled that option, I did not see a significant reduction in speeds. I get all the calls from SIM1, yet the data connection drops whilst the phone is on a call in SIM1.
Think this works vice versa, that is Data is on SIM slot 1 and voice only SIM is on SIM slot 2.

May be this is a well known thing. I posted as this might help someone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread