Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Re-installing W6.5 but..

Tip us?

trancer1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Re-installing W6.5 but..

hi im new here so go easy on me please

im trying to re-install windows mobile 6.5 on my t-mobile htc hd2 because i kinda broke my micro sd card that im using for android. the problem is i failed many times trying to flash the original rom it always stops at OS and displays the 00018002 error code...i searched every thread thats similar to my situation but it didnt help me..task 29 and toolkit couldnt help me because my computer cant recognize my phone...help me please? thanks in advance

Mister B
Old
Thanks Meter 331
is this a USA T-Mobile HD2 (TMOUS) ? Has green - call key & red - end key
If so look for correct TMOUS rom in HD2 wiki
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...OMs_.26_Radios
Also review what HSPL you have.
If you can get it to bootloader tri-colour screen you should be able flash via PC-USB cable if have WMDC or activesync installed
Links for all above is in the wiki, do be careful if TMOUS HD2 as wrong radio version will brick it so read up on it if you not already aware of it ...
[DEVICE1] : [HD2] [EU late model, socket lcd & samsung nand]
[ROM] : [Energy Dinik 23699 Nov24]
[OS] [WindowsMobile® 6.5.x][CHT2.0.S2.5]
[RADIO] : [2.12.50.02_2]

[DEVICE2] : [Raphael] [sold]
[ROM] : [Energy Dinik 23699]
[OS] [WindowsMobile® 6.5.x]
[RADIO] : [1.14.25.05 + RILPHONE.DLL]
[SOFTWARE] : [Mortscript] [MyMobiler] [CeRegEditor] [SkypeMobile] [FingerKBD Eng/Thai (WVGA)] [Thai Font/Input SIP] [IM+]

trancer1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
is this a USA T-Mobile HD2 (TMOUS) ? Has green - call key & red - end key
If so look for correct TMOUS rom in HD2 wiki
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...OMs_.26_Radios
Also review what HSPL you have.
If you can get it to bootloader tri-colour screen you should be able flash via PC-USB cable if have WMDC or activesync installed
Links for all above is in the wiki, do be careful if TMOUS HD2 as wrong radio version will brick it so read up on it if you not already aware of it ...
yes my phone is TMOUS...i installed HSPL4 when i installed android os on it. i installed wmdc on my laptop since it's installed on my desktop already but didnt work, went into bootloader but it didnt recognized the device...please help me

Mister B
Old
(Last edited by Mister B; 1st June 2014 at 10:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 331
That screenshot says it all
1- you do not have HSPL, it gone & you on standard SPL2.08
2- ROM code error, you using wrong ROM so either get HSPL2.08 on it or use the correct TMOUS official ROM .
http://www.androidruu.com/Leo/RUU_Le...O_1.5_Ship.exe
If unable flash via USB you will have to do it with a SD card, (borrow or buy a 2gb sd card) link below for basics on sd rom flashing
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=681317
Personally I would flash a custom WM6.5 ROM such as energy reference perhaps !
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bh...ence.Nov.24.7z
You would need a radio to go with the custom ROM as they do not include radio & one in My signature would be safe good option to start with.
** all linked ROMs/Radios in this post are TMOUS HD2 safe, if you use other ROM sources be sure you know they TMOUS suitable or your device will end up dead **

[SOFTWARE] : [Mortscript] [MyMobiler] [CeRegEditor] [SkypeMobile] [FingerKBD Eng/Thai (WVGA)] [Thai Font/Input SIP] [IM+]
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister B For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trancer1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
That screenshot says it all
1- you do not have HSPL, it gone & you on standard SPL2.08
2- ROM code error, you using wrong ROM so either get HSPL2.08 on it or use the correct TMOUS official ROM .
http://www.androidruu.com/Leo/RUU_Le...O_1.5_Ship.exe
If unable flash via USB you will have to do it with a SD card, (borrow or buy a 2gb sd card) link below for basics on sd rom flashing
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=681317
Personally I would flash a custom WM6.5 ROM such as energy reference perhaps !
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bh...ence.Nov.24.7z
You would need a radio to go with the custom ROM as they do not include radio & one in My signature would be safe good option to start with.
** all linked ROMs/Radios in this post are TMOUS HD2 safe, if you use other ROM sources be sure you know they TMOUS suitable or your device will end up dead **
yeah it reverted back to its old spl because i've been flashing zelendel's copy of rom (didnt work)..now DLng the rom you gave me..will be back and hoping it'll work..thanks

trancer1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
finally! i managed to revert it back to windows mobile all i did was install HSPL3 (no roms needed), rebooted and booted without any errors all i needed was my laptop with newly installed wmdc (for some reason my desktop which also has wmdc didnt work, rlly have to re-install on that one)
now i have find an android rom that unlocks the hidden ram of my htc hd2 or will just stay as windows...

btw can u recommend good ROMs you know? thanks

Mister B
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer1 View Post
finally! i managed to revert it back to windows mobile all i did was install HSPL3 (no roms needed), rebooted and booted without any errors all i needed was my laptop with newly installed wmdc (for some reason my desktop which also has wmdc didnt work, rlly have to re-install on that one)
now i have find an android rom that unlocks the hidden ram of my htc hd2 or will just stay as windows...

btw can u recommend good ROMs you know? thanks
I only use WM6.5.5 as really not a big fan of Android as very messy OS .
Best custom 6.5.5 ROMs are all linked in wiki & my current one is as in my signature.
with the best apps of WM & good tweaking WM is super solid & usable.

trancer1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Note taken. Maybe ill just stick with windows for now. I might get my cousin's old phone though im not sure if they are willing to give it away haha. Anyways thanks for all of your help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app