Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 53,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4G issue?

Tip us?

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default 4G issue?

I just happened to notice my friend using his Galaxy S3 is getting 4G service at MY house and I can't even get it? Is this an issue or what? He is also using Verizon.

ROM: Android Revolution HD
Kernel: Checkm8 2.8GHz
Radio firmware: haven't touched it
Anything else: Can't think of anything else to include atm so ask if im missing any information.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
I just happened to notice my friend using his Galaxy S3 is getting 4G service at MY house and I can't even get it? Is this an issue or what? He is also using Verizon.

ROM: Android Revolution HD
Kernel: Checkm8 2.8GHz
Radio firmware: haven't touched it
Anything else: Can't think of anything else to include atm so ask if im missing any information.

Well if you want to troubleshoot it I would start by flashing my ruu that's posted. See if you get 4g on your phone with that.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
(Last edited by S1L3nTShaDoWz; 1st June 2014 at 05:52 AM.) Reason: Wanted to include that I have S-OFF & some other things as you can see in the post after "Edit:"
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Well if you want to troubleshoot it I would start by flashing my ruu that's posted. See if you get 4g on your phone with that.

I just now am getting familiar with what an RUU is and from my understanding so far there's 2 types? 1. radio upgrade unit & 2. rom upgrade utility. Which is yours? I'm not really looking forward to flashing roms atm, just looking for something quick like flashing some firmware that doesn't overwrite my entire system partition 'IF' possible. If not then am I stuck with flashing what appears to be a new rom? Or do I have another option? Thanks for reply!

Edit: Also I forgot to include that I'm S-OFF with bootloader unlocked & permanent root w TWRP recovery, would this act like one of Samsungs crappy OTA's and re-lock my phone IF it was the ROM thing I mentioned above rather than just Radio Firmware?

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
I just now am getting familiar with what an RUU is and from my understanding so far there's 2 types? 1. radio upgrade unit & 2. rom upgrade utility. Which is yours? I'm not really looking forward to flashing roms atm, just looking for something quick like flashing some firmware that doesn't overwrite my entire system partition 'IF' possible. If not then am I stuck with flashing what appears to be a new rom? Or do I have another option? Thanks for reply!

Edit: Also I forgot to include that I'm S-OFF with bootloader unlocked & permanent root w TWRP recovery, would this act like one of Samsungs crappy OTA's and re-lock my phone IF it was the ROM thing I mentioned above rather than just Radio Firmware?

And ruu is an ruu. It is both the stock rom and firmware included. There are reset parameters that a factory reset on stock recovery can do that twrp etc are not.

This will not affect your lock or s off status and it's pre rooted. Also, there's not really "permanent root" on any phone. More so with s off you have the ability to flash su and root.