Is the front facing camera lousy?

OP lmacmil

1st June 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

177 posts
The front facing camera on my One X is horrible. The selfies are washed out and extremely low res, nowhere near the quality from my Droid Razr that has the same megapixel count. What could cause this? Does the proximity sensor have anything to do with the camera? I have a screen protector and it has a cutout for this sensor but I don't know if the cutout is big enough since I can't see the sensor. I have not taken a picture w/o the screen protector installed. Anything else I should be looking at?
1st June 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,821

14,168 posts
Donate to Me
More
The proximity sensor has nothing to do with the front facing camera. In all honesty, it doesn't take great pictures. You might have some dust built up in there, try cleaning it out with a cotton bud.

Sent from my Evita
1st June 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

The proximity sensor has nothing to do with the front facing camera. In all honesty, it doesn't take great pictures. You might have some dust built up in there, try cleaning it out with a cotton bud.

Thanks. I did that after doing a search on the issue (which I should have done before my post-my bad) and the difference is night and day. I never would have guessed a lens could get so dirty that it would literally make a camera unusable but now I know it can.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in One X Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank