[Q] Having 2 Problems with 4.4.2 update

OP markmc00

1st June 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Hi. I'm a Noob to tinkering with my S4 and I need some advice on how to proceed. Ever since the 4.4 update, I have 2 problems:
1) I can't edit and save files on my external sd card with Kingsoft or Polaris office
2) I use CyberGhost VPN service and the update causes network connectivity problems....constantly disconnecting/reconnecting. I can switch to WiFi and it works fine, but I need to use it on the Sprint Network. Sprint says it's not them tripping the connection.

Do I need to flash back to 4.3 to get this functionality back? Or are there better ways to fix these problems? I've read one post which stated flashing back from 4.4 will brick the phone.

I have managed to successfully root the phone (confirmed by Rootchecker) and install TWRP recovery using Goomanager.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Mark
1st June 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,675

8,314 posts
More
Download Folder Mount from the play store and it will fix your SD card write errors. Its a built in feature with KitKat that wont allow 3rd party apps to write on external memory.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread