Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Desire 501 dual sim general discussion and development

OP balboarocky

12th May 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
IMP- Those facing mmi error.Its fixed by htc just update your mob asap u buy and bug removed.

I bought this mob a month ago..after 3-4 days Headphone Jack stop working.I visited htc service center.The guy was one who took contracts from many company like htc samsung lava etc.He said it has to be repaired.I said its 4 days old and i dont want to get it opened.He then made me a DOA (Defect On Arrival) certificate.I took it to retailer and he replaced the mob with a brand new sealed one.So i was lucky with the service.
Rest the mob works awesome.Great display.Great Camera.Heavy Apps work fine.(NFS MW) but few cons like not good battery backup( prob with all androids so not much of a problem) And sometimes lags bw app transitions and unlock screen.
13th May 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #72  

8 posts
Htc update required
nice phone but update needed... friends keep on mailing HTC until they update it to KitKat n blinkfeed..remember the more mails the more chances of update

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Hi,friends... i luv dis forum...do anyone hav a black HTC desire 501? i have a blue 1,but want to buy the orignal back cover black, so if u hav a black 1 than pls post sum photos here so that i can see n buy...what u say...is it worth it? i saw original pink & white color cover on eBay those were rs600 but not the black...so what sud i do?
And did any1 used matte antiglare screen gaurd on it...if thn how it looks n what are the pros & cons...
hope this blog get more comments & get more popularity
14th May 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #73  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65

234 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen300

nice phone but update needed... friends keep on mailing HTC until they update it to KitKat n blinkfeed..remember the more mails the more chances of update

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Hi,friends... i luv dis forum...do anyone hav a black HTC desire 501? i have a blue 1,but want to buy the orignal back cover black, so if u hav a black 1 than pls post sum photos here so that i can see n buy...what u say...is it worth it? i saw original pink & white color cover on eBay those were rs600 but not the black...so what sud i do?
And did any1 used matte antiglare screen gaurd on it...if thn how it looks n what are the pros & cons...
hope this blog get more comments & get more popularity

I don't have the black piece but i did had a matte finish screen guard and it looks fine

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to balboarocky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #74  

8 posts
can u send some pics of ur HTC desire 501 with matte cover... nd can u tell me the pros n cons....which company s matte cover u have bought n how much it costs
15th May 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #75  
OP Senior Member

234 posts
Quote:

can u send some pics of ur HTC desire 501 with matte cover... nd can u tell me the pros n cons....which company s matte cover u have bought n how much it costs

I cant send you pics bcoz i no longer have this device. Sorry

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
15th May 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #76  

8 posts
Did u sold ur 501...if then for how much?
And what u think, overall which is better 501 or grand?
15th May 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #77  
OP Senior Member

234 posts
Quote:

Did u sold ur 501...if then for how much?
And what u think, overall which is better 501 or grand?

I am a big fan of cyanogen mod and the very first thing that i do after buying a phone is flash cm on it. I am not sure if 501 is ever going to have even a stock based custom rom so i had to do exchange it with a brand new grand duos that a friend of mine bought.It has probably the biggest range of stock/aosp based ROMs and can even play 1080p movies without any frame skips. So yea
15th May 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #78  

8 posts
Hey,friend, I played games like Real football 2012, asphalt 7,dead trigger, virtua tennis, blood & glory, temple run2 nd oz,...and all of them ran pretty well...did any1 played real racing 3,nd GTA or other heavy games in it...how it handle those games?
Our 501 is unable to play full hd videos smoothly... infact i found it struggles to play hd mkv files in mx player nd skips frame here n there...nd in stock video player, it doesn't detect the hd mkv files....can a software upgrade fix it
23rd May 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #79  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balboarocky

I though it didnt support otg. Thanks for the info. No news about any future updates about this phone.

Sent from my HTC Desire 501 dual sim using Tapatalk

it support otg
1st June 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 11

97 posts
Hey friends...if u want blinkfeed update & android 4.4 kitkat in ur HTC desire 501,than please email the HTC team from their official website or u can tell them in online live chat...few days back i contacted HTC team, they told me that "we can't change the software for a single person,if the demand increases, than we ll surely update it”...so please email them at least once a day until they release the update...remember more mails means more chances...i m mailing regularly n i request everybody to mail HTC for the update

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
501, desire 501, desire development, htc desire 501, jellybean
Previous Thread Next Thread