Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Polaris Office 5

Tip us?
 
rramey23
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 89
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Polaris Office 5

Anyone having issues with this app? Worked fine till this morning, but now it's stopping and giving the option to report it regardless what format I try to open. I cleared cache and data, wiped cache partition, nothing is fixing it.

Yes I know I can use other apps and I will be. I just happen to like hire this one was laid out and would like to continue to use it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Shebee
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 322
Join Date: Mar 2008
On some files when I try to open them through e.g. the browser download it won't work.
But when i use root explorer or the app itself it will work.
 
rramey23
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 89
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
On some files when I try to open them through e.g. the browser download it won't work.
But when i use root explorer or the app itself it will work.
Ya I've tried every way I can think of and get the problem every time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Shebee
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 322
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rramey23 View Post
Ya I've tried every way I can think of and get the problem every time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Just to be clear, the app won't open the files (ie failed to open) or you can't find a way to actually try and open the file in the first place?

If it's the latter you need to clear defaults for that type, whatever app opens the files you need to clear defaults of that particular app in settings.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
rramey23
Old
(Last edited by rramey23; 31st May 2014 at 05:38 AM.)
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 89
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
Just to be clear, the app won't open the files (ie failed to open) or you can't find a way to actually try and open the file in the first place?

If it's the latter you need to clear defaults for that type, whatever app opens the files you need to clear defaults of that particular app in settings.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Fails to open files. http://imgur.com/lIMfqPn

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Shebee
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 322
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rramey23 View Post
Fails to open files. http://imgur.com/lIMfqPn

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Are you sure it's not the file to itself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
rramey23
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 89
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
Are you sure it's not the file to itself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Yes, because it happens with multiple files. I can open them just fine after downloading Polaris Office from the Play Store. But I prefer the stock design. Plus it bothers me that a brand new phone has a failing sock app.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more