What I'm asking for is a way of being able to get the phone to the point where I can flash any 4.4.2 ROM compatible with it (even if it needs patches). Looking at both dr87's guide and utesred's guide, I'm thinking I need to take the following steps:
1. Root the 4.2.2 D80110C firmware (currently on the phone) with IORoot.
2. Install latest version of TWRP. Need suggestions on how to do this.
3. Reboot into TWRP, wipe everything (minus internal storage), flash SmiLey497's 4.4.2 ROM and the SU file. I gotta do this all in one go or it will complicate things.
4. Reinstall TWRP using AutoRec.
5. Go on to flash something like CM11 or Mahdi-ROM.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
EDIT: Alright, I got it! Just followed my guide and the recovery install method suggested by XxZombiePikachu and everything worked great.