Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Calendar not syncing Outlook.com

Tip us?

chaos2oo2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Calendar not syncing Outlook.com

Hello,

last week I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 without any issue. Yesterday I realized a missing calender which was not synced from my outlook.com account. So I did something stupid and deleted the calendar apps data and cache as well as the calendar storage data and cache. From then things went worse...nothing synced with my calendar. So I first deleted my account and set it up again - which did not work. In desperation I used the LG Tool to do a upgrade recovery and wipe everything with a factory reset. Afterwards I setup my acount again using (s.outlook.com like stated on a Microsoft help page). But I can not manage my calendar to sync with my outlook.com account. My iPhone works well - no problems in syncing. Emails seem to work but I have not checked if push works properly.

I've found some threads where people said something about a known problem with Exchange Active Sync (EAS) in combination with 4.4 (even with 4.4.2?). Does anybody know what I can do or how I can "log" or "debug" the problem? Can I somehow write a calendar sync log file or something?

Kind regards,
Michael

Poitivin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using Sony Z and after I've done the 4.4 update under stock ROM I have issues on the Outlook.com agenda either.

iI sync two calendars, that seem to be present, but what happens is one of the calendars (family shared calendar in Outlook.com) works 100%, while my personal calendar (Outlook.com) shows visible only if the calendar screen on the phone is set to "Agenda" or "Month" view. Running the calendar screen in "Day" or "Week" view does not show any events at all for my personal calendar only (family calendar is there), though as said in Agenda mode everything seems to be there and OK for both calendars.

Also, apart of having the personal calendar visible only under "Agenda" or "Month" view, there are no notifications at all about possible events i have scheduled for the personal calendar (family calendar drops notifications as expected)....

I've tried to uninstall and re-install Outlook.com, purge data, reconfigure outloook.com, though the issue still presists

Anyone seen similar issue ?

brian566
Old
(Last edited by brian566; 29th May 2014 at 07:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Tablet Outlook Calendar

Hi
Just tried mine as not tried since upgrade to 4.4 I am LG stock software and used the latest PC suite
All worked Ok but it did take twice But on checking PC it has duplicated some dates from G pad but G pad has all my new Appointments so it does work.

I think the duplicates occur when you modify on G pad and when synchronising with PC it sees them as different to put them in.

The second time Outlook was open and minimised

brian566
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs down Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian566 View Post
Hi
Just tried mine as not tried since upgrade to 4.4 I am LG stock software and used the latest PC suite
All worked Ok but it did take twice But on checking PC it has duplicated some dates from G pad but G pad has all my new Appointments so it does work.

I think the duplicates occur when you modify on G pad and when synchronising with PC it sees them as different to put them in.

The second time Outlook was open and minimised
Just been trying for about a hour to synchronise calendar with outlook but not no able to do it says "Synchronisation error " worked ok for about a month only thing I have deleted item on calendar on G pad ???