Problems to update

OP Corlleone

11th May 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi, so my problem is that when I was with my rooted phone and tried to update to .201 firmware with pc companion, I couldn't because it was saying failure with the update motor and then my phone suddenly turns off. Later I discovered that I should relock my bootloader first but then when I relock him using flashtool my phone gets stuck in Sony logo.
If I try to root after updating I get a message saying "Device must be root first" when I'm unlocking bootloader to unlock root right after.I'm ****ing annoyed, I'm the whole day trying to make this work and I don't know what to do anymore, so please help!

(I'm a noob so please easy guide, and sorry about bad english)
11th May 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 107

643 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corlleone

Hi, so my problem is that when I was with my rooted phone and tried to update to .201 firmware with pc companion, I couldn't because it was saying failure with the update motor and then my phone suddenly turns off. Later I discovered that I should relock my bootloader first but then when I relock him using flashtool my phone gets stuck in Sony logo.
If I try to root after updating I get a message saying "Device must be root first" when I'm unlocking bootloader to unlock root right after.I'm ****ing annoyed, I'm the whole day trying to make this work and I don't know what to do anymore, so please help!

(I'm a noob so please easy guide, and sorry about bad english)

If you have unlocked bootloader first and flashed a custom kernel and Relocked afterwards, you could get a bootlloop. You may want to repair with SEUS. I've heard ppl saying xsp isn't in its list, but I use the Dutch one, which has the xsp listed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Nanostray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Thanks dude! I made some crazy stuff here that I don't even know what it was, but now it's working!! Thanks again!
22nd May 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 107

643 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks dude! I made some crazy stuff here that I don't even know what it was, but now it's working!! Thanks again!

It appears you made PC Companion an offer.... it can't refuse :P
24th May 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanostray

It appears you made PC Companion an offer.... it can't refuse :P

Of course !! It seems they didn't know who I was. (It was easy, after some slaps he already gave up)
27th May 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

70 posts
Quote:

Of course !! It seems they didn't know who I was. (It was easy, after some slaps he already gave up)

How did you fix it! I'm experiencing the same problem as you!
1st June 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
I don't really remember, but I guess I reinstalled an old firmware then updated to the latest version (without root) and then I rooted, btw this video down here helped me a lot (it's the best I found, and I've searched for many videos).Tell me if I solved your problem, if not I'll keep trying to help u because I know how annoying it is.

How To- Root Xperia SP 4.3 Jelly Bean .266 Unlocked Bootloader (from tekhelper) Sorry couldn't post link because of the rule.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread