Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems to update

Tip us?

Corlleone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problems to update

Hi, so my problem is that when I was with my rooted phone and tried to update to .201 firmware with pc companion, I couldn't because it was saying failure with the update motor and then my phone suddenly turns off. Later I discovered that I should relock my bootloader first but then when I relock him using flashtool my phone gets stuck in Sony logo.
If I try to root after updating I get a message saying "Device must be root first" when I'm unlocking bootloader to unlock root right after.I'm ****ing annoyed, I'm the whole day trying to make this work and I don't know what to do anymore, so please help!

(I'm a noob so please easy guide, and sorry about bad english)

Nanostray
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corlleone View Post
Hi, so my problem is that when I was with my rooted phone and tried to update to .201 firmware with pc companion, I couldn't because it was saying failure with the update motor and then my phone suddenly turns off. Later I discovered that I should relock my bootloader first but then when I relock him using flashtool my phone gets stuck in Sony logo.
If I try to root after updating I get a message saying "Device must be root first" when I'm unlocking bootloader to unlock root right after.I'm ****ing annoyed, I'm the whole day trying to make this work and I don't know what to do anymore, so please help!

(I'm a noob so please easy guide, and sorry about bad english)
If you have unlocked bootloader first and flashed a custom kernel and Relocked afterwards, you could get a bootlloop. You may want to repair with SEUS. I've heard ppl saying xsp isn't in its list, but I use the Dutch one, which has the xsp listed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk
Devices:
Xperia Ray (587)
Electric Circuit Fried
UHD-ROM
Locked Bootloader
CWM-Recovery (Xparts)

Xperia SP (205)
Existenz Ultra 4.0.0
Locked Bootloader
3-way recoveries

Hit Thanks if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Nanostray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Corlleone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks dude! I made some crazy stuff here that I don't even know what it was, but now it's working!! Thanks again!

Nanostray
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Thanks dude! I made some crazy stuff here that I don't even know what it was, but now it's working!! Thanks again!
It appears you made PC Companion an offer.... it can't refuse :P
Devices:
Xperia Ray (587)
Electric Circuit Fried
UHD-ROM
Locked Bootloader
CWM-Recovery (Xparts)

Xperia SP (205)
Existenz Ultra 4.0.0
Locked Bootloader
3-way recoveries

Hit Thanks if I helped you

Corlleone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanostray View Post
It appears you made PC Companion an offer.... it can't refuse :P
Of course !! It seems they didn't know who I was. (It was easy, after some slaps he already gave up)

Rayquinox
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Of course !! It seems they didn't know who I was. (It was easy, after some slaps he already gave up)
How did you fix it! I'm experiencing the same problem as you!

Corlleone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I don't really remember, but I guess I reinstalled an old firmware then updated to the latest version (without root) and then I rooted, btw this video down here helped me a lot (it's the best I found, and I've searched for many videos).Tell me if I solved your problem, if not I'll keep trying to help u because I know how annoying it is.

How To- Root Xperia SP 4.3 Jelly Bean .266 Unlocked Bootloader (from tekhelper) Sorry couldn't post link because of the rule.