OP psudeke

1st June 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,513

3,545 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudeke

i spent all afternoon trying to fix a problem that amounted to an errant quotation mark in my script (and i knew it was something like that too. too many years of non-terminated string errors to not look there first)

You need an editor with syntax highlighting.
1st June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 33

104 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Hey @psudeke you ever need any help with anything to do with source or git let me know

I am also willing to help out

and just a FYI be careful of @sbdags LOL

Just kidding....

Let me know thx Josh

thanks lj, getting a little more familiar with git is definitely on my radar. conceptually it makes perfect sense, but from the little poking around i've done with it, i need to get a little smarter for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

You need an editor with syntax highlighting.

totally agree with you there. on the windows side, i always use notepad++, but i haven't found a good equivalent on ubuntu yet. i'm using kate(?), or whatever the default editor is that comes with the KDE desktop. it serves it purpose, but it doesn't seem that robust. i have to keep digging around
1st June 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor

3,545 posts
More
Quote:

on the windows side, i always use notepad++, but i haven't found a good equivalent on ubuntu yet. i'm using kate(?), or whatever the default editor is that comes with the KDE desktop. it serves it purpose, but it doesn't seem that robust. i have to keep digging around

You might like "geany" with this addition: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607485

Many Linux/Unix pros use vim or emacs, which are as powerful as they are hard to learn.
The Following User Says Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

104 posts
More
Quote:

You might like "geany" with this addition: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607485

Many Linux/Unix pros use vim or emacs, which are as powerful as they are hard to learn.

Thanks, I'll check that one out too. I put Sublime 3 on this morning, it's a step up for sure and i don't think the learning curve on it is too step
1st June 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor

3,545 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, I'll check that one out too. I put Sublime 3 on this morning, it's a step up for sure and i don't think the learning curve on it is too step

Sublime looks nice, but I'm not going to pay for a text editor.
1st June 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #26  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,740

2,169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ahh, thanks sbdags! that fixed the issue with ROM2SD. i got that impression when i pulled the preinit and saw it only had an entry for internal. but, i'm still very much in a learning phase so i didn't want to jump to a conclusion.

and after getting crombi to boot on external, i swapped sd cards and my build of CM11 actually booted! now the real learning process begins as i figure out how to customize it.

Thanks again to both you and @_that, you guys are the best

I will tell you after 8 months of mess about with this stuff, I too am still in the learning phase, I have a feeling it will never end

The learning that is LOL

Thx Josh
1st June 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

104 posts
More
Quote:

Sublime looks nice, but I'm not going to pay for a text editor.

LOL, me neither. Never looked at the licensing agreement until after you said that. Installing geany now...
1st June 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 607

1,508 posts
Quote:

LOL, me neither. Never looked at the licensing agreement until after you said that. Installing geany now...

I using vim and like it...

The Following User Says Thank You to LetMeKnow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread