Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] TWRP please help custom recovery

OP Dedline

31st May 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

160 posts
More
Hey guys,

I just rooted my p600 (wfi) and am now trying to install TWRP for my custom recovery. I can not find a good forum post about this process. I opened ODIN 3.09 and go to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img which fails. Anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can successfully flash TWRP recovery so I can start flashing my roms? Thanks guys
31st May 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 634

1,592 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedline

Hey guys,

I just rooted my p600 (wfi) and am now trying to install TWRP for my custom recovery. I can not find a good forum post about this process. I opened ODIN 3.09 and go to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img which fails. Anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can successfully flash TWRP recovery so I can start flashing my roms? Thanks guys

Try Odin 1.85 or 3.07
The Following User Says Thank You to lsherif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif

Try Odin 1.85 or 3.07

doesnt work. Tried both, cant install any custom recovery after rooting. Not sure whats the deal
1st June 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Uncheck auto-reboot
Quote:

doesnt work. Tried both, cant install any custom recovery after rooting. Not sure whats the deal

http://dottech.org/151463/how-to-fla...edition-guide/
1st June 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 36

128 posts
More
i cannot help with your problem though,
but i can give some suggestion for me i use odin v.07 because its for easy to understand and still in many tutorial use odin.07

and mostly before rooting any device you must flash a custom recovery first then go root and that's what i did.
i personally use TWRP recover yet more easy to understand and to use than cwm recovery...
it's just my opinions though...
1st June 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 66

174 posts
Quote:

Hey guys,

openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img ==> wrong file, you should use openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img.tar with ODIN
The Following User Says Thank You to lightman33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightman33

openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img ==> wrong file, you should use openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-lt03wifiue.img.tar with ODIN

I flashed philz, then twrp, both failed to wipe cache, then I flashed philz again, and it worked. Rom is installed and working flawlessly. Not sure why the issues but thanks for the help. and I saw the mistake in download file for twrp and got the right one. Thx
1st June 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 634

1,592 posts
More
Quote:

I flashed philz, then twrp, both failed to wipe cache, then I flashed philz again, and it worked. Rom is installed and working flawlessly. Not sure why the issues but thanks for the help. and I saw the mistake in download file for twrp and got the right one. Thx

With Philz, wipe Dalvik cache first, then wipe cache partition, this way wiping will function correctly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread