Change Galaxy Mini 2 Model (D/L/T)

Search This thread
Good GM2 followers ! Today I bring you this post, because there are people who question in comments , and people who have not heard that this can be done . Well, this process serves mainly to install ROMs that are only compatible with a model. Without further explanation , here goes:

NOTES:

- Make backup before
- Do it at your own risk
- Is tested , but not mean you go scot
- Gives +1 to continue reading (joke, hehehehe)

1. Download the Stock Rom model to which you want to convert

2. Follow the post installation steps Stock Rom

3 Arriving at Odin, when a thing that says FAT is installed, give an error, do not worry.

4. In giving judgment , will not restart automatically , so you turn it disconnected and normally

5. Ready !

* Another option is to flash the Stock Rom for CWM , Odin avoiding chance by FAT and other * (Thanks to ErnestoVM for test it )

* This process removes the 3G network, to fix : *

1. Go to settings
2. wireless Networks
3. mobile Networks
4. Name of APs
5. Create your company APN
6. Ready !

That's all folks . Give thanks to Luis Oscar Cruz, as we discovered this great wonder . Any doubts comments!

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
Yeah, but when you change the name of S6500d to s6500, you still can't use NFC! So why to do that? :confused:

Sent from my GT-S6500D using xda app-developers app

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
But the roms for s6500d/t/l are same! The differences are country codes, not functions (options).

Ezzam_Itachi

Mar 26, 2014
Sabah
Hello !! :) I always have the Fat.bin fail .. even when I have downloaded the right firmware ... What cause that ??

lorotel

Jun 30, 2013
Venice
Yeah, but when you change the name of S6500d to s6500, you still can't use NFC! So why to do that? :confused:

I bought at very low price Mini 2 in Italy (Gt-S 6500 NFC) for my thai wife.

No Samsung firmware with thai language for NFC version was available.

Last year i flashed the 6500D Thailand firmware, and everything worked fine.

If you experience problems, you can flash back originale firmware anytime

opencode22

Sep 15, 2014
Hi at all, i'm a new XDA forum user but i'm still using cyanogen since 2011 (with CyanogenMod9 on my GT-P1000).
Few day ago i've installed a CyanogenMod 10.1 on my Galaxy Mini2 (following the TheWisp instruction) and everything seems to work but the model Number change from GT-S6500 to GT-S6500D.
I've read the other post but i cannot understand if this is a problem (therically I cannot install the app to browse my bank account beacuse the model is not supported) and the right step to follow if i want to change the model again.
Could someone explain better the procedure?

Thanks in advance for every help i'll receive :)

Last edited:

opencode22

Sep 15, 2014
Situation's Update

I've tried by myself to do something and following some instruction founded in the forum i've editated the build.prob file in the /System folder using ES Explorer with root privilege and everything is OK.
The model now is correct, the mini2 work correctly and the problem is still present (for that i've contacted the bank support)

Good work at all

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts