Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unable to flash anyrom after kitkat port

Tip us?
 
Athosbr99
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Londrina

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] unable to flash anyrom after kitkat port

Hi there,

I flashed a KitKat port to test it. However, I decided to go back to Cyanogenmod since it didn't work very well.

However, any ROM that I try to flash appears this error:

format() expects 5 args, got 3
E: Error in /storage/sdcard0/cm-7.2.0-p500.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

what can I do to fix this? thanks
 
Dovidhalevi
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 1,980
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athosbr99 View Post
Hi there,

I flashed a KitKat port to test it. However, I decided to go back to Cyanogenmod since it didn't work very well.

However, any ROM that I try to flash appears this error:

format() expects 5 args, got 3
E: Error in /storage/sdcard0/cm-7.2.0-p500.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

what can I do to fix this? thanks
To flash that KitKat, you had to place a newer CWM or TWRP recovery version.
To flash cm-7.2, you need to go back to the older recovery!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dovidhalevi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shinobisoft
Old
#3  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1788
Posts: 1,947
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN

 
DONATE TO ME
For KitKat ROMs a recovery equivalent to 6.0.4.5 or newer is required to flash. The newer recoveries are capable of flashing CM 10.2 to CM11. All older Android versions will require the use of an older recovery, pre 6.0.4.5, such as CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch by vivekkalady.

"Work is done, then forgotten, thus it lasts forever"





My Devices, Mods, and Tools
 

Device: LG Optimus L90 LG-D415 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNKNOWN ), TWRP 2.7.1.0, Stock KK 4.4.2
Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10

[MOD][JB][4.1] Mini LatinIME
Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Athosbr99
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Londrina

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi View Post
To flash that KitKat, you had to place a newer CWM or TWRP recovery version.
To flash cm-7.2, you need to go back to the older recovery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft View Post
For KitKat ROMs a recovery equivalent to 6.0.4.5 or newer is required to flash. The newer recoveries are capable of flashing CM 10.2 to CM11. All older Android versions will require the use of an older recovery, pre 6.0.4.5, such as CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch by vivekkalady.
nice to know that. I will try later

In other subject, I tried other kitkat roms and they gave me that same error. the only one that worked was Omega. is there any reason to that?
 
shinobisoft
Old
#5  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1788
Posts: 1,947
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athosbr99 View Post
nice to know that. I will try later

In other subject, I tried other kitkat roms and they gave me that same error. the only one that worked was Omega. is there any reason to that?
Sorry, I honestly can't say. I no longer use this device so I've been out of the loop for some time now.

"Work is done, then forgotten, thus it lasts forever"





My Devices, Mods, and Tools
 

Device: LG Optimus L90 LG-D415 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNKNOWN ), TWRP 2.7.1.0, Stock KK 4.4.2
Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10

[MOD][JB][4.1] Mini LatinIME
Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes