Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,042 Members 42,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can I safely update to kitkat?

Tip us?

goodwinod
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default can I safely update to kitkat?

I have a rooted n9005 that I bought from Brazil and use in the USA on Tmobile. It has 4.2 on it now, but I want to update to kitkat. Can I flash any version of 4.4.2, or will it turn on the region lock if I flash the wrong version? Thanks in advance.

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 304

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwinod View Post
I have a rooted n9005 that I bought from Brazil and use in the USA on Tmobile. It has 4.2 on it now, but I want to update to kitkat. Can I flash any version of 4.4.2, or will it turn on the region lock if I flash the wrong version? Thanks in advance.
There is NO 4.2 for Note 3 from beginning, better u give more details with screen shot so some one can help you.

GIVE ONE THANKS GET ONE FREE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdomadia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwinod View Post
If ur device is SM-N9005, it is an international unlock version of LTE Note 3.
As long as u flash N9005 firmware, u should be fine. Just check ur storage, is it 16gb or 32 gb. U have to flash the correct one. Yours I believe is 32 gb, only hongkong 9005 is 16gb.

And jdomadia is correct, N9005 never comes with 4.2 since day 1. I assume is typo error on ur post.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
The Following User Says Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goodwinod
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic View Post
If ur device is SM-N9005, it is an international unlock version of LTE Note 3.
As long as u flash N9005 firmware, u should be fine. Just check ur storage, is it 16gb or 32 gb. U have to flash the correct one. Yours I believe is 32 gb, only hongkong 9005 is 16gb.

And jdomadia is correct, N9005 never comes with 4.2 since day 1. I assume is typo error on ur post.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

Thanks! You are both correct: it is 4.3. It is 32 GB. I will do N9005VJUEND1 since it is from Brazil and appears to have no phone company connected.
The Following User Says Thank You to goodwinod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]