Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 53,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

display auto brightness

Tip us?

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default display auto brightness

Hi All,

Do you have concerns on the auto brightness?

The display change response is relatively slow. Also, when I get a call and take the mobile out of my pocket. the display is dimmed, and the sun light it is hard to see who is calling, it takes like one second or so to have the right brightness then i can see who is calling.

do you have the same issue?, if yes, do you have a solution?

Thanks,

Christiancs1969
Old
Thanks Meter 2924
Lux on play store. ..or vellis autobright X da or playstore

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I got LUX app. it is good. thanks alot Christiancs. But did you face the same problem?

Thanks,

mediumsteak
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Auto-brightness is designed to wait for a few seconds to ensure that the change in the environment wasn't a brief blink (such as car lights passingby). Regardless of device, this is normal. I initially found the delay rather annoying. However after some time got quite fond of it, and now I always keep brightness on auto

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumsteak View Post
Auto-brightness is designed to wait for a few seconds to ensure that the change in the environment wasn't a brief blink (such as car lights passingby). Regardless of device, this is normal. I initially found the delay rather annoying. However after some time got quite fond of it, and now I always keep brightness on auto

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks alot for your reply.

I download a nice application from the market called (LUX). it gives you the option to make the calls use the maximum brightness. and for the rest it has quicker response.

The bad thing about it is that it is not for free (almost 3 USD) and it consumes around 5 MB from the RAM.

Thanks,

mediumsteak
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_k_gano View Post
Thanks alot for your reply.

I download a nice application from the market called (LUX). it gives you the option to make the calls use the maximum brightness. and for the rest it has quicker response.

The bad thing about it is that it is not for free (almost 3 USD) and it consumes around 5 MB from the RAM.

Thanks,
Paying for an app is not necessarily a bad thing. They actually are beneficial to you in several ways. First, they do not serve ads and thus actually reduce resource usage as well as your data usage. Second, you are supporting a great developer in creating such useful applications which may provide encouragement to further create wonderful software. Finally, by paying for apps you are actually minimizing the risk of malware - keep in mind that the majority of malicious code is embedded in free apps in order to maximize the potential harm.

Glad you found a solution to your problem.