Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

Samsung S4 Mini recognition problem.

1st June 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Dear S4 Mini users,

Today I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. I also bought a original Samsung Flip Cover. The Android software is original and everything is up-to-date. B

But I have a problem, when I put the Flip Cover over the phone, it doesn't turn my screen off. I have the same problem, when I open the Flip Cover, then my screen doesn't go on. Does anyone knows why it doesn't work? I tried every little thing!

I really hope that my new phone isn't already damaged.

Regards,
Erik
1st June 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #2  
SilviuMik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 761
 
890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobfromtheLegends

Dear S4 Mini users,

Today I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. I also bought a original Samsung Flip Cover. The Android software is original and everything is up-to-date. B

But I have a problem, when I put the Flip Cover over the phone, it doesn't turn my screen off. I have the same problem, when I open the Flip Cover, then my screen doesn't go on. Does anyone knows why it doesn't work? I tried every little thing!

I really hope that my new phone isn't already damaged.

Regards,
Erik

What version of S4 mini u got and what version of Flip cover ? with window or without ?
Also is Apps -> Settings -> My Device -> Accessory -> Automatic Unlock "ticked" ?
I have S4mini duos I9192 with Samsung I9190(GALAXY SIV Mini)V-series Leather Case and works ok
The Following User Says Thank You to SilviuMik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviuMik

What version of S4 mini u got and what version of Flip cover ? with window or without ?
Also is Apps -> Settings -> My Device -> Accessory -> Automatic Unlock "ticked" ?
I have S4mini duos I9192 with Samsung I9190(GALAXY SIV Mini)V-series Leather Case and works ok

Thank you for your fast respond. I have a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 and automatic Unlock is 'ticked'. I have a Samsung original Galaxy S4 mini Flip Cover without window. I hope that you can see the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoesje 1.png
Views:	21
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	2775114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoesje 2.png
Views:	18
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	2775115  
Last edited by NoobfromtheLegends; 1st June 2014 at 07:03 PM.
1st June 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #4  
SilviuMik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 761
 
890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobfromtheLegends

Thank you for your fast respond. I have a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 and automatic Unlock is 'ticked'. I have a Samsung original Galaxy S4 mini Flip Cover. I hope that you can see the pictures.

Odd i don`t know the behaviour of flip cover without window if it should unlock the screen or not. S-view cases does have a small magnet inside on left/middleish of flip part that triggers a sensor inside the phone. Can u check with a metal screwdriver or so on your flip cover to see if the magnet is there ? ( no clue if u have one or not )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	2775127  
The Following User Says Thank You to SilviuMik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviuMik

Odd i don`t know the behaviour of flip cover without window if it should unlock the screen or not. S-view cases does have a small magnet inside on left/middleish of flip part that triggers a sensor inside the phone. Can u check with a metal screwdriver or so on your flip cover to see if the magnet is there ? ( no clue if u have one or not )

Thank you again for a really fast and useful answer. I tried what you suggested and i believe that the cover doesn't have a magnet. So that's the reason that it doesn't work?

Just bad luck. I hope that i can change it the shop.

Really thanks for your help!
1st June 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #6  
SilviuMik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 761
 
890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobfromtheLegends

Thank you again for a really fast and useful answer. I tried what you suggested and i believe that the cover doesn't have a magnet. So that's the reason that it doesn't work?

Just bad luck. I hope that i can change it the shop.

Really thanks for your help!

As i said, i don`t know how Flip covers should work ( the ones without window ).. Maybe someone else with a flip cover can come by and answer
But as a personal recomandation, if u can change your flip cover at the shop for a window one, u will be more happy ( u can answer calls without opening the flip, u can see time/date/notifications )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja8gRbK5n_Q if i look at this video the screen does not turn off/on with the cover so it means normal flip cover does not have any magnet to do the trick

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

And also u can look at Galaxy S4 Mini Smart View Cases
The Nillkin one is more "elegant" and slim BUT it have 2 flaws
- the magnet holding the flip toghether is not so strong
- the screen is positioned 2 mm too down and u don`t see the battery/signal thru the window
The Jammylizard one is a little more bulky, bo problems with screen BUT it does have a small problem with the cut for USB part. The original samsung cable does not fit all the way in, u must cut a little from the case plastic The magnet is verry strong here keeping the case closed
I prefer those 2 over original because they are much more cheaper and they protect all sides of the phone not like original that u change back cover
I first had the jammylizard one now the Nillkin and i like Nillkin more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes