Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Another Brick Almost Hits The Wall

Tip us?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rivers View Post
Right, got it.
If you can't run the exe file, then let me know, and I'll just upload a zip / folder with the necessary files. You do not need admin access to run the adb commands.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

Silver Rivers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
If you can't run the exe file, then let me know, and I'll just upload a zip / folder with the necessary files. You do not need admin access to run the adb commands.
That would be really cool, actually. But check this out:

I talked someone into allowing me to utilize his laptop. I installed ADB, moved the Launcher APK to the folder suggested, ran the commands but the command prompter responded with "waiting for device" and progressed no further. Could it be a driver issue? I was under the impression that if the PC recognizes your device (which it did) then a new driver install was not necessary.

Dude was real cool about it even though I ran his battery down quite significantly and didn't even accomplish anything.

So, if I had the ADB files then I could just copy them to...say the PC desktop and run the command prompter from there? If so, then yes please upload and I'll just try it that route rather than rely on someone's personal PC. Know what i mean?

I do appreciate all of this. I'm getting quite the education here. If you ever get married, let me know and I'll come and dance as my favor to you.

Peace...I'll return tomorrow.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
What mode were you in when trying to install? The laptop had the most up to date drivers? You checked the Device Manager to make sure there was no yellow exclamation mark next to the phone? It's not unheard of for the PC to recognize in one mode, but not load the correct drivers in another, as there are different drivers for the phone depending on if it is booted, in recovery, or download mode or whatever they call it for that phone. Just make sure to get the PDAnet drivers installed and reboot. That should do the trick.

Everything else you should need will be in here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...dbfastboot.zip
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

Silver Rivers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
What mode were you in when trying to install? The laptop had the most up to date drivers? You checked the Device Manager to make sure there was no yellow exclamation mark next to the phone? It's not unheard of for the PC to recognize in one mode, but not load the correct drivers in another, as there are different drivers for the phone depending on if it is booted, in recovery, or download mode or whatever they call it for that phone. Just make sure to get the PDAnet drivers installed and reboot. That should do the trick.

Everything else you should need will be in here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...dbfastboot.zip
I was in Recovery and I was also attempting to install the just the Launcher versus the entire ROM. And I was also feeling a tad bit rushed, cause dude was right there informing me of his battery status. "Well, it's down to 30%." Then 2 mins later.."Ok, looks like it just fell to 25%."

Haha...so yeah, with him pressuring me, I spaced on checking the device manager. This desktop that I'm on today seems to be cool. Just checked the manager & it informs me that my device is 'working properly'.

Off to give it another bloody joust, mate. Wish me luck...