Ask a question

No registration required

Deleted stock OS and backup!!! HELP

OP sLevVen

1st June 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I had rooted my device HTC One M8 (Sprint), and while attempting to flash the Venom ROM I deleted my stock OS as well as my backup. I am able to reboot into reboot into TWRP recovery and fast boot usb is recognized. However while attempting to use commands on terminal (Mac and PC) nothing is responsive. The only thing I can think of is trying to flash the stock Harmond ROM since there is no stock ROM for Sprint's regular M8 posted online yet. Another problem I have is to flash the Harmond ROM I would have to have S-Off, but unfortunately mine turned back on after I wiped everything. I was told by another person to side load a ROM but like I said commands are not working. I have also tried flashing from installing them on my external SD, but all the ROMS I have found require to have S-Off. Please help and tell me I am not completely screwed.
1st June 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,105

3,868 posts
Donate to Me
More
You don't need S-off to flash any of the ROM's here. S-off is preferred if you're able to obtain it on your device, but it's not required. Use the mount option in TWRP to move a ROM from your PC to your phone, then flash the ROM like normal. Don't forget to make a backup once you're done getting things set up.

Sent from my HTC device
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 1st June 2014 at 04:18 PM.
1st June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

You don't need S-off to flash any of the ROM's here. S-off is preferred if you're able to obtain it on your device, but it's not required. Use the mount option in TWRP to move a ROM from your PC to your phone, then flash the ROM like normal. Don't forget to make a backup once you're done getting things set up.

Sent from my HTC device

I installed two different Harman stock RUU's onto my SD card and got activity on the boot loader screen loading them. Then after the forced reboots it would just send me into the white HTC starting screen and wouldn't do anything after that. Also tried two of the Venom ROMs but the touch screen as well as the volume up/down do not allow you to select continue to proceed the flash process. After doing some research Sprint carriers, which I am have the same issue. Have also tried Revolution and Badboy from my SD card and nothing came from them.
1st June 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,105

3,868 posts
Donate to Me
More
You have to have SuperCID to run the HK RUU. See the thread for more info. For the touch issue in Aroma, check out the thread in the link below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767501

Sent from my HTC device
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

You have to have SuperCID to run the HK RUU. See the thread for more info. For the touch issue in Aroma, check out the thread in the link below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767501

Sent from my HTC device

You Sir, are amazing! My phone is up and running again after hours of trial and error! That two finger touch tip worked, but took a little patience. I have the latest version of Viper running now. Thanks again for your time and help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread