Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in Flight mode due to of NFC ring Unlock app

Tip us?

SvanGool
Old
(Last edited by SvanGool; 1st June 2014 at 11:51 AM.) Reason: Adding item to list
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Stuck in Flight mode due to of NFC ring Unlock app

I installed the NFC Ring Unlock application from McLear on the EZ2 tablet, which seemed to function well with my NFC ring.
I did one thing differently, because I don't like to give my Google master password to a 3-party app , I used an app password specifically for the NFC ring, which I considered to be one-time and didn't write it down
Then I had to fly and put the device in flight mode and powered it off some time later.

Now I get the NFC Ring Unlock screen in flight mode when I power up the device, but I can't get the unlock screen to work (NFC is also switched off in flight mode, didn't realise that and the Google authentication is also not working) and I can't get out of flight mode!

What I tried already:
  • Resetting the device by voulume-up/power, red button in SD-card and PC-companion connection.
  • Trying to hit the "normal" unlock screen which appears for a sub-second period.
  • Contact McLear, but they are flooded at the moment, because of the roll-out of their new products.
But neither of this works because they all depend on unlocking the device first.

Any advice?

BabelHuber
Old
Thanks Meter 16
If your device is unlocked and you have USB debugging enabled, you should be able to deinstall the App with ADB (Adcvanced Debug Bridge).

I guess that with the locked original Sony Bootloader, this doesn't work, though.

pmeinert
Old
Thanks Meter 20
You could do a remote wipe with play device management:
https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager?hl=da&u=0

If Sony's software detect it when you connect it to computer, you might also have some options there. I am using Mac and only see repair device ,under the Xperia menu, as a potential solution.

johnyma22
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey Svan, damn it sucks you are getting stuck by this! Sorry!

1. Did you try posting on the NFC Ring forum?

RE "3-party app" our app never stores your details, we use the Google provided Google Auth libraries to handle the authentication process. I can personally guarantee and promise at no point do we store or use your username/pass, we just get a success/failure callback from them and act accordingly.

2. Is it possible you can use your Google Auth or is your work-around preventing you from doing this?

We're actually just beta testing an updated version of the app that forces users to enter a pin code to handle circumstances such as this. Flight mode and two-form factor auth have been an issue for us so we're taking pro-active steps to address it ASAP This doesn't help you though ;(

3. As BabelHuber asked, do you have debug mode available? If so a simple adb uninstall of the app will get you moving again.

Sorry about the delay through support, I just took another team member on today to help with the backlog, he starts tomorrow so hopefully things will move faster!

Source: I'm the inventor of the NFC Ring
The Following User Says Thank You to johnyma22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]