Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 42,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I can't find a good .md5 for rooting

Tip us?

Krux9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] I can't find a good .md5 for rooting

I'm just trying to root my note 3.
The steps seem easy, I have odin, I can put my phone into bootloader mode, but every .md5 I try Fails in odin.

The "root" tab on this website is aged and doesn't specify Verizon Kitkat SM-N900V
so obviously everything I tried there failed.

does anyone have an md5 for this I can use?

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krux9 View Post
I'm just trying to root my note 3.
The steps seem easy, I have odin, I can put my phone into bootloader mode, but every .md5 I try Fails in odin.

The "root" tab on this website is aged and doesn't specify Verizon Kitkat SM-N900V
so obviously everything I tried there failed.

does anyone have an md5 for this I can use?
Try here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

Krux9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
yea....no.. you just linked me back to where i started

4aces
Old
Thanks Meter 700
Quote:
yea....no.. you just linked me back to where i started
Look here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46818366

Follow each step and don't forget to enable USB debugging and unknown sources on your note 3

Krux9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4aces View Post
Look here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46818366

Follow each step and don't forget to enable USB debugging and unknown sources on your note 3
Awesome, this looks like a step in the right direction but it seems that I have to create the custom firmware, but it has to be done with a Linux terminal.

"How to use Universal Root de la Vega:
Open a terminal to the directory containing URDLV.sh (not windows command prompt)"

I don't have linux, and I may be missing something but I don't see a way to do this with windows. Any ideas?

4aces
Old
Thanks Meter 700
Quote:
Awesome, this looks like a step in the right direction but it seems that I have to create the custom firmware, but it has to be done with a Linux terminal.

"How to use Universal Root de la Vega:
Open a terminal to the directory containing URDLV.sh (not windows command prompt)"

I don't have linux, and I may be missing something but I don't see a way to do this with windows. Any ideas?
Under how can I try my firmware are two links. One seems to be the file u need. N900V right? Click on it and it should open a mega upload link.

Krux9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4aces View Post
Under how can I try my firmware are two links. One seems to be the file u need. N900V right? Click on it and it should open a mega upload link.
Alright.. well, I ran that md5 through Odin and it failed. I got this:

And I guess it corrupted my firmware or something because my phone wouldn't boot after that. Had this "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again."

Thankfully in my adventures of trying to root this damn thing, I've encountered this before and have a stock md5 to recover the phone when this happens.

4aces
Old
Thanks Meter 700
Quote:
Alright.. well, I ran that md5 through Odin and it failed. I got this:

And I guess it corrupted my firmware or something because my phone wouldn't boot after that. Had this "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again."

Thankfully in my adventures of trying to root this damn thing, I've encountered this before and have a stock md5 to recover the phone when this happens.
Good for you.

Did u read everything? Got cygwin? I don't want to make a new how to as there is one, just follow it step by step