Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safe Mode headache

Tip us?

Bonus Idolus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Safe Mode headache

Hi all,

I have just started stripping down a few old and broken mobiles and fitted new screens to some and digitisers to others but have come across a problem with a Galaxy Ace, I have just replaced the digitiser on this which is working fine though when I powered th mobile on it came on in Safe Mode.

I have done a reset on it, and a Factory reset erasing everything, taken the battery out several times and left it with the battery out for an hour or so. I have also pressed the home button and Vol plus and minus with the power key simultaneously but still it persist's, I just can't get rid of this, have you any ideas please, other than chucking it in the bin.

Thanks in anticipation.

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonus Idolus View Post
Hi all,

I have just started stripping down a few old and broken mobiles and fitted new screens to some and digitisers to others but have come across a problem with a Galaxy Ace, I have just replaced the digitiser on this which is working fine though when I powered th mobile on it came on in Safe Mode.

I have done a reset on it, and a Factory reset erasing everything, taken the battery out several times and left it with the battery out for an hour or so. I have also pressed the home button and Vol plus and minus with the power key simultaneously but still it persist's, I just can't get rid of this, have you any ideas please, other than chucking it in the bin.

Thanks in anticipation.
Hi, @ronbo76 has provided a really good thread on why your system goes to Safe Mode. You can go through that thread to troubleshoot your problem. Here's the link,

Safe mode in Android - what to do if you see that label on your screen?

Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Bonus Idolus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
Hi, @ronbo76 has provided a really good thread on why your system goes to Safe Mode. You can go through that thread to troubleshoot your problem. Here's the link,

Safe mode in Android - what to do if you see that label on your screen?

Hope I Helped
mahithm,

Thanks for the reply, prior to posting the question I followed the directions on this post to no avail, I am all out of ideas now.

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonus Idolus View Post
mahithm,

Thanks for the reply, prior to posting the question I followed the directions on this post to no avail, I am all out of ideas now.
Try reflashing the stock rom back using odin from the Download Mode. Do post the result. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Viper The Ripper
Old
(Last edited by Viper The Ripper; 31st May 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 765
Wrong section mates!!

First of all, read the forum rules in order to post your questions correctly...

There's a great Q&A Thread please use it to ask for help, this the General Thread, we must all contribute to maintaining our forum in order.

Next time, post it in the correct section, thank you for understanding it

Maybe you damaged the buttons when you've made the digitizer change, make sure the MENU button is in order and It doesn't stay pressed all the time when the system is booting...

Try to power off your phone and to pull out the battery, wait for one minute and the put it back in
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper The Ripper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bonus Idolus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper The Ripper View Post
Wrong section mates!!

First of all, read the forum rules in order to post your questions correctly...

There's a great Q&A Thread please use it to ask for help, this the General Thread, we must all contribute to maintaining our forum in order.

Next time, post it in the correct section, thank you for understanding it

Maybe you damaged the buttons when you've made the digitizer change, make sure the MENU button is in order and It doesn't stay pressed all the time when the system is booting...

Try to power off your phone and to pull out the battery, wait for one minute and the put it back in

Roger that, I thought I was in the correct location, obviously not, will check twice next time

Tried re flashing with new standard ROM as suggested but didn't work, SAFE MODE still on, worth a try though. Will now strip it down again and check all connections and buttons as advised, will get back to you when success is achieved

Thanks again..