Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,608 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] p990 revert to oldbl

Tip us?

DivusIuvenis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] p990 revert to oldbl

Hello everyone

I'm quite new to the world of rooting and flashing, so please bear with me if I have gotten this all turned around

I have a p990, that I have:
repartioned to newbl with spyrosk's AIO toolkit (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2020737)
flashed with tonyp's cm10.1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265329)
as well as pengus77's kowalski kernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097788)

It has worked perfectly for about half a year, but 3 days ago, I woke up, and it behaved very strangely:
- Huge battery drain (lost 30% in about 15 minutes)
- It grew burning hot
- System UI- , and Dsp manager crashes when I opened some kind of sound app (apollo, audiobook player, phone app etc.)
- Unable to output any kind of sound, even typing "clicks".

My instincts tell me that it is a hardware failure, properbly something to do with sound output management, but I want to make absolutely sure that it is not a kernel issue or something else, before I give up on it.

I have tried to revert to an old backup using CWM. However, that just resulted in soft bricking it, and the only way I was able to get it working again, was to reflash it with cm 10.1 and kowalski kernel (again with CWM).
That led me to try to revert back to my stock kernel and stock rom backup. Before I do that, however, I need to repartion it back to oldbl, and when I try to do that using AIO, I get NvError 0x0 (see attachment) - which to me sounds like a corrupted bootloader. But if I'm able to boot into cm 10.1, my bootloader can't be corrupted, can it?

So my question(s) really boil down to:
1. Is there a way to repartion p990 back to the old layout and installing the oldbl without using NVflash?
2. If not, is there something I may have done wrong in the repartitioning process (I followed the instructions pretty much to the last dot, but maybe I've missed something?)
3. Would it be safe (and would it help anything) if I overwrite the /boot partition with my oldbl backup /boot, in order to get NVflash working?
4. Have you ever heard of the sound issue (I can't find anything about anywhere) and in that case, do you know of a fix?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NvError 0x0.png
Views:	17
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	2774766  

Wooby
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Hmm serach in forum for a stock Gingerbread rom for smartflash and flash it via smartflash it should work remember flash with battery

Wysłane z mojego LG-P990 przy użyciu Tapatalka

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

After that you will have stock rom with old bootloader

DivusIuvenis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooby View Post
Hmm serach in forum for a stock Gingerbread rom for smartflash and flash it via smartflash it should work remember flash with battery

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

After that you will have stock rom with old bootloader

Okay, nice, thank you for replying

But just to make sure.. I'm pretty sure that myy p990 came with ICS as stock. Should I still flash stock Gingerbread, or should I flash ICS?

Wooby
Old
Thanks Meter 26
IF u want old bl flash gingerbread IF not flash ICS for newbl

DivusIuvenis
Old
(Last edited by DivusIuvenis; 1st June 2014 at 08:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
IF u want old bl flash gingerbread IF not flash ICS for newbl

This worked!! Thanks a bunch However, i'm still having issues with the sound and crashes, so this seems to be pretty much a hardware failure But thank you very much for all your help

Wooby
Old
Thanks Meter 26
U CANT flash new recovery?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

What files did u flash?

DivusIuvenis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
U CANT flash new recovery?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

What files did u flash?

Sorry, tried to edit post

It is working now - although it still crashes.. Thank you very much for all your help

Wooby
Old
Thanks Meter 26
OH no problem ITS my job to help another people

The Following User Says Thank You to Wooby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]