Ask a question

No registration required

One X speaker/ charging dock?

OP WA_Bob

25th December 2013, 06:32 AM   |  #41  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KofaSing_KoodGarma

Thank you so much for posting this!

Being a HOX+ (US) AT&T 4G LTE owner and devotee, I am truly inspired to attempt this mod.

Will I need to convert power from US to UK?

I will make sure to share pics if it turns out successfully.

KofaSing KoodGarma
http://www.pagone.com

The adapter that comes w/ the dock works with US power in terms of voltage and amps, but you will need a converter/adapter to convert the plug so that it physically fits in a US outlet. You can get these at Radio Shack or other electronics store.

A STANDARD MicroUSB ADAPTER WILL NOT WORK because it will not get enough power. You need something that outputs 9V and 1.67A or the phone can't keep up w/ the charge. The perfect adapter to purchase would be the one for the HTC flyer. I can verify that it works perfectly w/ the dock and US power. Here's a link to one on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notes2john

----------------
So this worked on the the US version of the HOX+ on the European dock? I've been searching for a dock with pin charging for a while. Your method looks very simple. From what I gather, the pins only move over (down) the phone for the US version vs Euro version but are in the same orientation? Also a slight padding to go along the long edge in the dock to orient?
Correct???

Thanks
JOHN

Yes, I have the US AT&T 4G LTE version of the HOX+ and purchased the European dock. Your assumption is also correct in that the PINS are only shifted over one space so you just have to drill a hole and physically move the board over one slot (and maybe shave off 1mm of plastic on the bottom of the dock for a perfect fit). It's really not that hard. In fact, the most difficult part is to take it apart and not accidentally disconnect any of the wires.
Last edited by dafob; 25th December 2013 at 07:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dafob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Question
Hello!

I have HTC ONE X+ bought at ebay. Quad Core, Tegra3. It has the AT&T logo. Also, it has Model: PM63100 written back down label, under the speaker. When I boot in recovery (power + volume down) it's say EVITARE ...
I think it is the international version.

I took pics from my phone with a ruler aside. There, you can see location of the connectors. From bottom to up, the first is 24 mm (0.944882 inch). The last one is as far as 40 mm (1.5748 inch).

I would appreciate if someone who has the dock can measure the distance of the connectors on your own phone.

thank you in advice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC0000004.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	2515744   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC0000005.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	2515745  
7th March 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #43  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirkab

No need to flash custom ROM. For dock mode on stock ROM just install two applications: DockMode.apk and HTC_Dock_Screen.apk. That is all. Tested on HOX + international with ROM 1.17.401.1.

Hi there,
Do you have Dock Mode for HOX+ International with ROM 2.18.707.5?
7th March 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #44  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 35

123 posts
More
I do not, I never found, the older version does not work.
29th May 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #45  

57 posts
More
So guys the dock apks do not work on ARHD8, is there some way of sorting it?
As far as I can tell all I need to do is install the sense 4 , 4x1 weather clock.
Does anyone know where to get that? The original, not the fake ones you can get on the play store.
1st June 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #46  

57 posts
More
So no coder out there wants this dock app to work on hox+?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread