FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Hardware upgrade the xperia play?

1,183 posts
Thanks Meter: 317
 
By xdarkmario, Senior Member on 28th May 2014, 07:23 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th May 2014, 09:08 AM |#11  
shaggydiamond's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag area 51
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukkus

So would be your dream device that you described.

don't get smart with me, kid.
I never specified any screen size or general size.

If the shield would have a design like the xplay, i'd get it
 
 
30th May 2014, 11:44 AM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydiamond

don't get smart with me, kid.
I never specified any screen size or general size.

If the shield would have a design like the xplay, i'd get it

Dude, do you know anything about design engineering? The hardware you posted needs significant size, the shield isn't bulky for the hell of it, it needs proper cooling and ventilation. And don't call me kid, i'm probably 20 years older than you at least.
30th May 2014, 02:18 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
These threads are ridiculous. Think or use google next time.

Sent from my R800i using XDA Free mobile app
30th May 2014, 02:48 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by korrectmethod

These threads are ridiculous. Think or use google next time.

Sent from my R800i using XDA Free mobile app

That pretty much sums things up.
1st June 2014, 10:08 AM |#15  
crazymonkey05's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag stilwell, OK
Thanks Meter: 228
 
Donate to Me
More
You would probably be better off modding a newer phones housing to fit a game pad and program the software for it

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
1st June 2014, 10:11 AM |#16  
xdarkmario's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 317
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonkey05

You would probably be better off modding a newer phones housing to fit a game pad and program the software for it

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk

you know i was also thinking that, find a way to make the bottom half of the xperia play attachable on other phones and connect via bluetooth

but the idea of a boosted xperia play had more imagination lol

just killing time untill KitKat is mainstream on xperia play, im still dreaming...
1st June 2014, 10:15 AM |#17  
crazymonkey05's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag stilwell, OK
Thanks Meter: 228
 
Donate to Me
More
Well your gunna need a lot of soldering skills and software development skills to mod a new chip in....remember that guy a long time ago that tried to solder a HDMI to his phone but he failed.....and to think that that was just HDMI not a whole new SoC

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
1st June 2014, 12:57 PM |#18  
sewer56lol's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 54.5970 N, 5.9300 W
Thanks Meter: 545
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonkey05

Well your gunna need a lot of soldering skills and software development skills to mod a new chip in....remember that guy a long time ago that tried to solder a HDMI to his phone but he failed.....and to think that that was just HDMI not a whole new SoC

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk

The hardware was there if it was mounted correctly defiantly.
It just needed a good software implementation, something probably hard to do not to mention that'd there probably need to be big backend stuff done in the kernel e.t.c.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
1st June 2014, 10:09 PM |#19  
xdarkmario's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 317
 
More
That's why I would pay a phone engineer to do it. Or a ex Sony employee lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes