No registration required

[Q] Yeah, I'm a n00b, and I need help with an S4 i9505

OP capo2014

1st June 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy S4 i9505 here and I need to get the SIM unlocked on it. See at the moment it's registered to O2 with an O2 sim card. Putting in another gives the message: 'SIM network unlock PIN' and requires a passcode. There are many guides on the internet which instruct people how to use the service menu *#0011# to change the network settings, but unfortunately I can't access the controls (the main menu doesn't appear regardless of what I do). Also there's something called "GalaxSim Unlock", an app, but I've installed this and it doesn't work either (gives the error no unlock method known for this device).

I've managed to use Odin to root the phone...or at least I think I have - but everything is exactly the same. Can anyone on here help me because it's a real pain in the arse.
I'd be happy to discuss it on Skype if you'd prefer by the way. PM me and I'll give you my ID - I would post back the solution here just so anyone reading knows.

Phone details:

Type: SAMSUNG Galaxy S4
Model: GT-I9505
Baseband version: I9505XXUFNB9
Kernal version: 3.4.0-481100
Last edited by capo2014; 1st June 2014 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Clarity
1st June 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #2  
Flag Anywhere with GSM signal
Thanks Meter: 46

402 posts
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by capo2014

Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy S4 i9505 here and I need to get the SIM unlocked on it. See at the moment it's registered to O2 with an O2 sim card. Putting in another gives the message: 'SIM network unlock PIN' and requires a passcode. There are many guides on the internet which instruct people how to use the service menu *#0011# to change the network settings, but unfortunately I can't access the controls (the main menu doesn't appear regardless of what I do). Also there's something called "GalaxSim Unlock", an app, but I've installed this and it doesn't work either (gives the error no unlock method known for this device).

I've managed to use Odin to root the phone...or at least I think I have - but everything is exactly the same. Can anyone on here help me because it's a real pain in the arse.
I'd be happy to discuss it on Skype if you'd prefer by the way. PM me and I'll give you my ID - I would post back the solution here just so anyone reading knows.

Phone details:

Type: SAMSUNG Galaxy S4
Model: GT-I9505
Baseband version: I9505XXUFNB9
Kernal version: 3.4.0-481100

That method via *#0011# doesn't work anymore. Unfortunately only paid solution for now. I got mine unlocked within 40 min and cost me 15.
The Following User Says Thank You to aspot72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 644

2,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah, unlock it by IMEI
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Really? There's no way to unlock it via changing the software?

I know of people who've managed to unlock their iPhones using jailbreaks - I would've thought on android it would be even easier. There's really no way to do it, despite being able to install a completely new operating system?
1st June 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #5  

2,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Really? There's no way to unlock it via changing the software?

I know of people who've managed to unlock their iPhones using jailbreaks - I would've thought on android it would be even easier. There's really no way to do it, despite being able to install a completely new operating system?

Nope.
1st June 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
****ter. Okay, no worries.

Another question: If I put let's say, a vodafone SIM card in it now and get it unlocked, will I have to pay again if I change to a different SIM card later, say Orange? Will I need to pay to get it unlocked twice or is it just once for all networks?

Thanks again.
1st June 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #7  

2,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

****ter. Okay, no worries.

Another question: If I put let's say, a vodafone SIM card in it now and get it unlocked, will I have to pay again if I change to a different SIM card later, say Orange? Will I need to pay to get it unlocked twice or is it just once for all networks?

Thanks again.

You have a video showing you how do it: HERE. You only need buy a unlock CODE. About your question: You only have to pay one time for unlock your phone for all networks.
1st June 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

You have a video showing you how do it: *Link*. You only need buy a unlock CODE. About your question: You only have to pay one time for unlock your phone for all networks.

Once again, thanks very much for all your help guys. All 'thanks' buttons clicked

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread