Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Yeah, I'm a n00b, and I need help with an S4 i9505

Tip us?

capo2014
Old
(Last edited by capo2014; 1st June 2014 at 12:46 PM.) Reason: Clarity
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Yeah, I'm a n00b, and I need help with an S4 i9505

Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy S4 i9505 here and I need to get the SIM unlocked on it. See at the moment it's registered to O2 with an O2 sim card. Putting in another gives the message: 'SIM network unlock PIN' and requires a passcode. There are many guides on the internet which instruct people how to use the service menu *#0011# to change the network settings, but unfortunately I can't access the controls (the main menu doesn't appear regardless of what I do). Also there's something called "GalaxSim Unlock", an app, but I've installed this and it doesn't work either (gives the error no unlock method known for this device).

I've managed to use Odin to root the phone...or at least I think I have - but everything is exactly the same. Can anyone on here help me because it's a real pain in the arse.
I'd be happy to discuss it on Skype if you'd prefer by the way. PM me and I'll give you my ID - I would post back the solution here just so anyone reading knows.

Phone details:

Type: SAMSUNG Galaxy S4
Model: GT-I9505
Baseband version: I9505XXUFNB9
Kernal version: 3.4.0-481100

aspot72
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by capo2014 View Post
Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy S4 i9505 here and I need to get the SIM unlocked on it. See at the moment it's registered to O2 with an O2 sim card. Putting in another gives the message: 'SIM network unlock PIN' and requires a passcode. There are many guides on the internet which instruct people how to use the service menu *#0011# to change the network settings, but unfortunately I can't access the controls (the main menu doesn't appear regardless of what I do). Also there's something called "GalaxSim Unlock", an app, but I've installed this and it doesn't work either (gives the error no unlock method known for this device).

I've managed to use Odin to root the phone...or at least I think I have - but everything is exactly the same. Can anyone on here help me because it's a real pain in the arse.
I'd be happy to discuss it on Skype if you'd prefer by the way. PM me and I'll give you my ID - I would post back the solution here just so anyone reading knows.

Phone details:

Type: SAMSUNG Galaxy S4
Model: GT-I9505
Baseband version: I9505XXUFNB9
Kernal version: 3.4.0-481100
That method via *#0011# doesn't work anymore. Unfortunately only paid solution for now. I got mine unlocked within 40 min and cost me 15.
ATTENTION: Thanks to Htc_One_X I lost 150. Received money but since then never replied! Beware, he's a FRAUDSTER!!!
Current Devices : S4 GT-I9505 Black Edition
Past devices :Xperia SP C5303,Moto G,S3 LTE,S4 Mini, Note 2,HTC One (M7),GALAXY S III, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.

Can't figure out why is Android better...
The Following User Says Thank You to aspot72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 547

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, unlock it by IMEI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

capo2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Really? There's no way to unlock it via changing the software?

I know of people who've managed to unlock their iPhones using jailbreaks - I would've thought on android it would be even easier. There's really no way to do it, despite being able to install a completely new operating system?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 547

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Really? There's no way to unlock it via changing the software?

I know of people who've managed to unlock their iPhones using jailbreaks - I would've thought on android it would be even easier. There's really no way to do it, despite being able to install a completely new operating system?
Nope.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

capo2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
****ter. Okay, no worries.

Another question: If I put let's say, a vodafone SIM card in it now and get it unlocked, will I have to pay again if I change to a different SIM card later, say Orange? Will I need to pay to get it unlocked twice or is it just once for all networks?

Thanks again.

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 547

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
****ter. Okay, no worries.

Another question: If I put let's say, a vodafone SIM card in it now and get it unlocked, will I have to pay again if I change to a different SIM card later, say Orange? Will I need to pay to get it unlocked twice or is it just once for all networks?

Thanks again.
You have a video showing you how do it: HERE. You only need buy a unlock CODE. About your question: You only have to pay one time for unlock your phone for all networks.

capo2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
You have a video showing you how do it: *Link*. You only need buy a unlock CODE. About your question: You only have to pay one time for unlock your phone for all networks.
Once again, thanks very much for all your help guys. All 'thanks' buttons clicked