Security question about lock pattern in sense 5

30th May 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

224 posts
Hi guys, recently my friend`s phone was stolen and I found this bug in the lock pattern , where even if you your phone is locked with some pattern , you can actually use the power button to turn it off (and prevent the tracker to find it/lock it/erase it) or reset in bootloader and access recovery so the bad guy can do anything with it... is there a way to prevent power button menu to appear while phone is locked vie pattern ? (nerd)
31st May 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2,315

2,328 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerfly

Hi guys, recently my friend`s phone was stolen and I found this bug in the lock pattern , where even if you your phone is locked with some pattern , you can actually use the power button to turn it off (and prevent the tracker to find it/lock it/erase it) or reset in bootloader and access recovery so the bad guy can do anything with it... is there a way to prevent power button menu to appear while phone is locked vie pattern ? (nerd)

Well the only way I know of is through rooting the phone and running venom,Aosp,or useing xposed

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashalot

Well the only way I know of is through rooting the phone and running venom,Aosp,or useing xposed

My phone is rooted, I use maximushd 10 rom and xposed but didnt fint the option.
31st May 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2,315

2,328 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerfly

My phone is rooted, I use maximushd 10 rom and xposed but didnt fint the option.

I think sense 5 toolbox has it but I know for sure venom and aosp have it

1st June 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashalot

I think sense 5 toolbox has it but I know for sure venom and aosp have it

Well, i got it. So if i use maximus rom i am not able to use this option. Cant find this in toolbox options.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread