Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Battery life

OP dat-hero-guy

22nd May 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berea, KY
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
I've tried a few ROMs, including Albinoman's CM11 (4/24 official and a few nightlies) CM10.2 (the newest October official, I forget the date ). So here's my question: Out of all the JB+ ROMs out there, which ones have you had the best experience with, in regards to battery life? Right now I'm running Albinoman's CM10.2.

Also, any battery life tips would be appreciated. Currently, I am doing the following:

LCD brightness turned down
LCD off when not in use
Wifi/GPS off when not in use
Processor slightly underclocked
Unnecessary/unused apps removed/disabled/stopped
Haptic feedback off
22nd May 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

175 posts
More
In all honesty, I think my best battery life ROM has to be albinoman's CM 11.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using XDA Free mobile app
23rd May 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berea, KY

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectisaac

That's weird. When I flashed the 5/18 nightly last time, I sucked my battery dry in no time. Which release date are you on?
23rd May 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectisaac

Sent from my Vivid 4G using XDA Free mobile app

I have to agree with Isaac. I'm running the 5/15 nightly and my battery life has almost doubled with BT and GPS turned on. I just turned BT off and set location to "battery save" so I'm hoping to squeeze even more out of it.

Don't get too excited about my doubled claim. Prior to CM11 I was running Paranoid Android (Jellybean I believe) as my daily driver and would get about 6 hours of battery life on standby. With CM 11 I get around 11 hours with light use, the Vivid is just abysmal when it comes to batteries.

Now that MMS is working the only complaint I have is with the in call mute feature not functioning, but I can live without that for now. I plan on running CM11 as my daily driver for the foreseeable future.
23rd May 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berea, KY

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchild

I have to agree with Isaac. I'm running the 5/15 nightly and my battery life has almost doubled with BT and GPS turned on. I just turned BT off and set location to "battery save" so I'm hoping to squeeze even more out of it.

You're the second person that's said the 5/15 nightly has good battery life. I'll probably flash it Monday.

Quote:

Prior to CM11 I was running Paranoid Android (Jellybean I believe) as my daily driver and would get about 6 hours of battery life on standby. With CM 11 I get around 11 hours with light use, the Vivid is just abysmal when it comes to batteries.

Ain't that the truth. I'm sporting a 3500mAH extended battery and I get like 12 hours with light use. Can't wait until I can afford to upgrade and put the Vivid on a permanent leash. Maybe make a media server out of it.
29th May 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #6  

10 posts
Well I stand corrected. I'm still running the Albinoman 5/15 nightly (loving it) and over the weekend I conditioned the battery by running it dead and then overcharging it while it was turned off. I now get 24 hours on light usage and about 10 hours on heavy usage. I had tried this process on other builds and versions but this is the first time it's actually worked. The battery I'm using is the battery that came with the phone. I'm amazed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-27-05-32-42.png
Views:	49
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	2768948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-28-21-43-53.png
Views:	51
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	2768949  
31st May 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berea, KY

11 posts
More
Quote:

I conditioned the battery by running it dead and then overcharging it while it was turned off.

How does one overcharge it like that?
2nd June 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #8  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat-hero-guy

How does one overcharge it like that?

Don't unplug it or turn it on once the charge indicator turns from orange to green. Keep it plugged in and offline for another 2-3 hours.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread