Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

Please help me unbrick my phone.

OP jrodefeld

1st June 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Hello everyone,

I've looked through the forums and I haven't found a good way to unbrick my Verizon Galaxy S4. What happened I think was that I already had safestrap recovery installed and I tried to install a different recovery without first uninstalling safestrap. Anyway, the phone won't boot up normally now. It goes into download mode first. And now, it says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." Kies doesn't even recognize the phone so that is not an option.

I have tried to flash a stock image with Odin, but every single time I get a "fail". I've tried multiple version of Odin, including 3.09 but I haven't had success yet.

Could anyone help me get my phone working again?

Thanks.
1st June 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
[QUOTE=jrodefeld;53084705]Hello everyone,

I've looked through the forums and I haven't found a good way to unbrick my Verizon Galaxy S4. What happened I think was that I already had safestrap recovery installed and I tried to install a different recovery without first uninstalling safestrap. Anyway, the phone won't boot up normally now. It goes into download mode first. And now, it says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." Kies doesn't even recognize the phone so that is not an option.

I have tried to flash a stock image with Odin, but every single time I get a "fail". I've tried multiple version of Odin, including 3.09 but I haven't had success yet.

Thanks.[/QUOT
There is an option in kise to re install the driver see if that helps
1st June 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 816

2,411 posts
Can't install any other recovery ...Also try a different computer sometimes help...

sent by baja kitkat S4
2nd June 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,903

3,739 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodefeld

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

What build is your phone on and what Odin file did you try?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

What build is your phone on and what Odin file did you try?

I'm not sure of the build, but I tried both files in this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

I've tried others but I believe the ones above should work? I still get a "fail" every time I try to flash them. I've had this error before but I cannot remember how I got it to work.
2nd June 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,903

3,739 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodefeld

I'm not sure of the build, but I tried both files in this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

I've tried others but I believe the ones above should work? I still get a "fail" every time I try to flash them. I've had this error before but I cannot remember how I got it to work.

Any chance you can post the screen of the Odin fail error or tell us where it's failing?

Side from that idk... Odin is seeing your phone so not the drivers. I'd say try the MK2 file and you could also try putting the PIT file from that thread in Odin along with the tar just to try it in the mean time.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Also... You think you had SS on your phone? But not sure?, there's a chance your phone is on NC5 Kit Kat and that's why MK2 won't work but really we need more details before going that route.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread