Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tool/Converter]ROM 2 GPe [Testers needed]

Tip us?

blueether
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
Heck if you got other stuff to work on we can get to this whenever you get around to it. Wasn't trying to rush you by any means was just curious as to whether you had plans to work on it, let me know when I can help test. Thanks again I appreciate your work for us GPe users.
Yeah I'd like to get it working well, it will give you gpe owners more choice.

Thanks for the donation the other day
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blueether
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,104

DONATE TO ME
@adfurgerson

v0.3 is up, I hope that will work on new ROMs that are using CM's device tree
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

adfurgerson
Old
(Last edited by adfurgerson; 31st May 2014 at 07:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
@adfurgerson

v0.3 is up, I hope that will work on new ROMs that are using CM's device tree
I tried it with your 5-31 build of Carbon and got loops at the first splash screen. Wasn't able to go to recovery from there, it would go from splash with blue led to black screen with red led. Also couldn't get adb to connect.

edit... does the v0.3 zip overwrite the recovery? I downloaded latest cm11 nightly and flashtool flashed the boot img from it then booted into system and seen sony splash screen, entered recovery and flashed the nightly along with v0.3 then got your splash screen with bootloop when restarting.

blueether
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I tried it with your 5-31 build of Carbon and got loops at the first splash screen. Wasn't able to go to recovery from there, it would go from splash with blue led to black screen with red led. Also couldn't get adb to connect.

edit... does the v0.3 zip overwrite the recovery? I downloaded latest cm11 nightly and flashtool flashed the boot img from it then booted into system and seen sony splash screen, entered recovery and flashed the nightly along with v0.3 then got your splash screen with bootloop when restarting.
Yes that one included a kernel/recovery. You could open the zip in something like 7zip and delete the boot.img and try that?

I thought that the issues in v0.2 might have been mismatched kernel and modules.
Charles

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 593
Quote:
Yes that one included a kernel/recovery. You could open the zip in something like 7zip and delete the boot.img and try that?

I thought that the issues in v0.2 might have been mismatched kernel and modules.
I never tried v0.2, is the only difference from v0.1 the verification check? Either way I'll try v0.2 first then v0.3 with boot.img removed tomorrow.

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 593
@blueether v0.3 booted after boot.img removed. Same results as before, Google Play Services needs to update but crashes when trying to do so, auto-rotate doesn't work. I got logcats and pasted here http://pastebin.com/524zed8H if there is something else you need let me know.I skipped testing v0.2 as there is other stuff to test today, cm11 GPe nightly, and new DooMKerneL.

blueether
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@blueether v0.3 booted after boot.img removed. Same results as before, Google Play Services needs to update but crashes when trying to do so, auto-rotate doesn't work. I got logcats and pasted here http://pastebin.com/524zed8H if there is something else you need let me know.I skipped testing v0.2 as there is other stuff to test today, cm11 GPe nightly, and new DooMKerneL.
Thanks for that, not really used to looking at logcats, bit it looks like a config file may be missing for the qcom/Sensors I'll look into it. Couldn't see why google play was crashing
Charles

adfurgerson
Old
(Last edited by adfurgerson; 2nd June 2014 at 12:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 593
Quote:
Thanks for that, not really used to looking at logcats, bit it looks like a config file may be missing for the qcom/Sensors I'll look into it. Couldn't see why google play was crashing
When first booting into ROM there is a message in status bar saying Hangouts needs the Google Play services to be updated, clicking on that takes you to Play Store to update Play services then when I try Play Store crashes and will crash everytime after that. But I have had same issues on every ROM including SlimKat GPe, also the Sony port and CM11 GPe nightly. I might try to sideload the Play services apk and see if that works.

I just remembered I was having trouble with internal storage before and didn't even think to check for that today.