Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Mounting usbdisk as sdcard.

OP EvilShadeZ

1st June 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

36 posts
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me finding a way of mounting /storage/usbdisk/ as sdcard.
I am using CyanogenMod 11 Nightly.

The problem is, the usb disk works almost ideally - Reads audio and video from it with no problem, but when I want to move
obb/data or other app data ( iGO navigation ) to it, it just doesn't read it.

I tried this solution
but I was wondering if it is possible to mount whole usbdisk as sd card, like the phones with SD Card slot do.

I tried mounting /storage/usbdisk/ to /storage/sdcard/ and /storage/sdcard1/ and /storage/emulated/1/
none of those helped.

Thanks in advance.
2nd June 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag halifax
Thanks Meter: 28

207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilShadeZ

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me finding a way of mounting /storage/usbdisk/ as sdcard.
I am using CyanogenMod 11 Nightly.

The problem is, the usb disk works almost ideally - Reads audio and video from it with no problem, but when I want to move
obb/data or other app data ( iGO navigation ) to it, it just doesn't read it.

I tried this solution
but I was wondering if it is possible to mount whole usbdisk as sd card, like the phones with SD Card slot do.

I tried mounting /storage/usbdisk/ to /storage/sdcard/ and /storage/sdcard1/ and /storage/emulated/1/
none of those helped.

Thanks in advance.

Firstly when you go in settings storage/ ad scroll down with your usb storage plugged in does it show the free space on that device n the storage settings? if yes

all you need is the pro version of foldermount
Apk is on playstore forum support/ user guide for it is just a xda search away

Im using it on the experience rom for the moto g x1032 8 gig sngle sim version.
ive so far tested asphalt 8 which is about 2 gigs of data once installed. I created a android folder on my usb storage and withing the android folder i created a data and a /obb folder

i then linked those folders.......youll get what im saying when you go to the foldermount thread here on xda.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread