Post Reply

Shorten delay on stock keyboard

OP nysoprano

26th May 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Is there a way shorten the delay on the stock keyboard? I'm rooted.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
27th May 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
I'm not sure what you mean by shorten delay, if it is input or showing the keyboard itself. But you might want to try the developer option. Go to the setting menu and open "About Device". Touch "Build Version" a couple of times. The Developer Option will now be accessible in your settings menu. There's a setting to enable/disable animation and others, set them to "0".
27th May 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat

I'm not sure what you mean by shorten delay, if it is input or showing the keyboard itself. But you might want to try the developer option. Go to the setting menu and open "About Device". Touch "Build Version" a couple of times. The Developer Option will now be accessible in your settings menu. There's a setting to enable/disable animation and others, set them to "0".

I meant the long press delay; the time you hold down a keyboard key to get the secondary key.
29th May 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
T0r0nt0!
Thanks Meter: 38
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Wouldn't shortening the delay cause more mispresses? You would potentially accidentally trigger the long press when you didn't meant to.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
1st June 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumsteak

Wouldn't shortening the delay cause more mispresses? You would potentially accidentally trigger the long press when you didn't meant to.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Not really, works well with SwiftKey but rather use HTC keyboard

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 208
 
528 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysoprano

Is there a way shorten the delay on the stock keyboard? I'm rooted.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

using swift keyboard or swipe keyboard app, it's a completed version of samsung stock keyboard. you will feel no delay at all
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank