Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{SOLVED} Good ADB connection but fails at Fastboot under Windows 8.1?

Tip us?

AlanGarcia561
Old
(Last edited by AlanGarcia561; 2nd June 2014 at 01:05 AM.) Reason: SOLVED
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Wink {SOLVED} Good ADB connection but fails at Fastboot under Windows 8.1?

SOLVED

Hello, while trying to SIM unlock following this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586704 and this custome HBOOT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565201

I notice my fastboot connection fails with a "USB not recognized" error after trying fasboot everytime.

Never had this problem before, and ADB recognizes my device correctly every time. Re-installed drivers, and tried other laptops, but all fails at fastboot, which never happened before.

Some info: Windows 8.1, latest drivers (tried different ones), S-OFF, tried various USB ports and laptops. Never had fastboot problems under Windows 8.1 before.

EDIT:
I think the problem is the phone itself now after using that custom Hboot? Reason being that no matter what RUU I try, when it tries to start the bootloader, the USB not recognized appears just like when I boot into the bootloader and try to fastboot any command.

AlanGarcia561
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
So, I guessed right... turns out, under Hboot 1.55, my drivers that worked with 1.56, don't work anymore, so I had to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 x64 on another laptop in order to have a correct Fastboot connection .

There is another thread floating around on getting correct drivers for Hboot 1.55 under Windows 8.1, but I was too lazy to try and, and didn't mind installing a copy of Windows 7 as a dual boot on a laptop, just in case I need it in the future.

PS: I think it would also work under a virtual machine of windows 7 (vmware or virtualbox)