Ask a question

No registration required

G+ auto-backup not working - can't manually upload either

OP lations

28th May 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

121 posts
If this is the wrong forum please direct me to the correct one.

I recently did a fresh install of SlimKat 5.4 on my I9100, and Google+'s Auto-Backup isn't working.

Even if I manually select photos in the Gallery and 'share' to 'Photos' (whereupon it attempts to upload them to my G+ account) it simply does nothing.

What is going on here? Does anybody have any suggestions? Additionally, when I open the Photos app, it lists all the images on my device and they can be opened, but they are completely black, as if it's having trouble reading them properly.
28th May 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Ok, I know partially why now - I'm also having a problem whereby I can't see any SD Card image folders when I open Gallery. They exist and I can navigate to them via Explorer, but Gallery can't access them - nor can Photos. I've tried clearing Gallery's cache but that won't fix it.

What could be causing this? I also tried re-seating the SD Card in case it was physically loose.

Whan can I do??
30th May 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lations

Ok, I know partially why now - I'm also having a problem whereby I can't see any SD Card image folders when I open Gallery. They exist and I can navigate to them via Explorer, but Gallery can't access them - nor can Photos. I've tried clearing Gallery's cache but that won't fix it.

What could be causing this? I also tried re-seating the SD Card in case it was physically loose.

Whan can I do??

Ok, so I've also tried: formatting the SD card, tried a new SD card, and neither of those things made any difference.

There must be a simple reason for this?

Has nobody had this happen before?
2nd June 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Additionally, Google Music doesn't display any music files, and sometimes when I navigate to the SD card in Root Explorer, the rom freezes.

So it sounds like it's a problem with the SD card port, or perhaps the ROM itself has problems. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the SD card port though, it was fine before I upgraded to Slimkat 5.4.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread