Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more
Post Reply

Galaxys5 root problem

OP donkey_uk

30th May 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Hi im having problems rooting my s5, im using odin and when I click start it goes half way through and fails I have used philz_touch.

Can anyone help. thank you
30th May 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
185 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Property's… security… reactivationlock… disable

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F
31st May 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
SM G900F Updated
Dear friends,

Is there any problem rooting my G900F after have the Android 4.4.2 automatically updated??

Baseband version: G900FXXU1ANE2

Thanks!
Last edited by wwwcosta; 31st May 2014 at 02:42 AM.
31st May 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwcosta

Dear friends,

Is there any problem rooting my G900F after have the Jelly Bean automatically updated??

S5 is on Kitkat, S5 has no Jelly Bean. Check your unit under "About Device" to see what version it is running.
31st May 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat

S5 is on Kitkat, S5 has no Jelly Bean. Check your unit under "About Device" to see what version it is running.


Sorry...

I'm a beginner. Just bought S5. Android version 4.4.2.

As soon as i turned it on Android was updated. It cause me a doubt about going ahead with the root process.

Sorry again. And I apologize for my poor english...

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat

S5 is on Kitkat, S5 has no Jelly Bean. Check your unit under "About Device" to see what version it is running.

Sorry! Android 4.4.2
31st May 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwcosta

Sorry...

I'm a beginner. Just bought S5. Android version 4.4.2.

As soon as i turned it on Android was updated. It cause me a doubt about going ahead with the root process.

Sorry again. And I apologize for my poor english...

There shouldn't be any problem. It's just a minor update, after the update it will still be 4.4.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to jopat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat

There shouldn't be any problem. It's just a minor update, after the update it will still be 4.4.2.

It was perfectly fine!
2nd June 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #8  
cokenet's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 269
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey_uk

Hi im having problems rooting my s5, im using odin and when I click start it goes half way through and fails I have used philz_touch.

Can anyone help. thank you

Philz Touch is a kind of addon for the CWM Recovery.
At first you have to flash the CWM Recovery via Odin (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697523) then Philz Touch via odin.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank