Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] show box for note 3

Tip us?

fastbob67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] show box for note 3

Anyone have a answer as I'm trying to get show box on my note 3 and it gives me a error and to check my internet connection

dirrtyswan
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbob67 View Post
Anyone have a answer as I'm trying to get show box on my note 3 and it gives me a error and to check my internet connection
Mine does that too...but only when on 4g. I can only stream from that app when I'm on Wifi, anything else gives me the same connection error.

fastbob67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirrtyswan View Post
Mine does that too...but only when on 4g. I can only stream from that app when I'm on Wifi, anything else gives me the same connection error.
It won't let me even see the movies or anything I have good wifi and nothing

dirrtyswan
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
It won't let me even see the movies or anything I have good wifi and nothing
do you have an ad blocker running? If you have ad blocker it will block that app too.

fastbob67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
do you have an ad blocker running? If you have ad blocker it will block that app too.
How can I tell if I have a add blocker what settings is that under

dirrtyswan
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
How can I tell if I have a add blocker what settings is that under
its an app that comes commonly loaded if you're running custom ROMs, if you arent rooted / running a custom ROM, then this probably isnt the case for you.

fastbob67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
its an app that comes commonly loaded if you're running custom ROMs, if you arent rooted / running a custom ROM, then this probably isnt the case for you.
Phone is completely stock non rooted and not running any roms should I try rooting the phone and see if it works

dirrtyswan
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Phone is completely stock non rooted and not running any roms should I try rooting the phone and see if it works
nah that's not worth it.

Maybe try clearing app data? this appears to be more of an app issue than a note 3 specific issue. You might try to google that error for the show box app in general and see what people are saying fixed it. Some people said they fixed this by connecting / disconnect to wifi etc.

If all else fails try VideoMix. its a similar app. although the interface isn't as good

Barneyabz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Are you trying thorugh wifi - some ISPs are blocking showbox. I know because Talktalk definately block it, try it either on data (make sure you have a decent data plan or that will cost you a bomb!) or another ISP.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Unbranded and staying on Android 4.3 due to SD card limitations in Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to Barneyabz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ratleme
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Thumbs up It worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneyabz View Post
Are you trying thorugh wifi - some ISPs are blocking showbox. I know because Talktalk definately block it, try it either on data (make sure you have a decent data plan or that will cost you a bomb!) or another ISP.
Thanks my brother it worked no Wife just data and got it going
Sweet advice