FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Startup in recovery mode

31st May 2014, 09:49 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
TC
Last edited by YoungDavis; 31st May 2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Solved
 
 
31st May 2014, 11:02 PM |#2  
FBis251's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,721
 
Donate to Me
More
Try a one-click:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=2

Just BEFORE YOU TRY ANYTHING, make sure that you do in fact own a Galaxy S 4G.

To make sure, take out your phone's battery after powering down and make sure that you have one of these two phone models (either one is fine):
SGH-T959V
SGH-T959W

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

You messaged me about the IMEI, please keep the relevant information here.

There was one forum user who claimed he was able to edit IMEI numbers for this phone but that was a long while ago.

I just hope you made a backup of your nv_data file before you tried to edit it as that's the only way to make sure you can restore it.
Last edited by FBis251; 31st May 2014 at 10:29 PM.
1st June 2014, 01:10 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251

Try a one-click:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=2

Just BEFORE YOU TRY ANYTHING, make sure that you do in fact own a Galaxy S 4G.

To make sure, take out your phone's battery after powering down and make sure that you have one of these two phone models (either one is fine):
SGH-T959V
SGH-T959W

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

You messaged me about the IMEI, please keep the relevant information here.

There was one forum user who claimed he was able to edit IMEI numbers for this phone but that was a long while ago.

I just hope you made a backup of your nv_data file before you tried to edit it as that's the only way to make sure you can restore it.

Well i am having this issue i cannot boot.. it keeps going into recovery mode..
I have tried flashing every rom etc.. everything is successful but it still goes into recovery mode.. i delete cache and user data but still goes right back in..

Please help me with this thanks
1st June 2014, 03:02 PM |#4  
DerPuGNa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tayabas City
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjason7812

Well i am having this issue i cannot boot.. it keeps going into recovery mode..
I have tried flashing every rom etc.. everything is successful but it still goes into recovery mode.. i delete cache and user data but still goes right back in..

Please help me with this thanks

what recovery you use? TWRP CWM (blue) or CWM (red)
What rom U Flash?
Did you try to wipe system, data, dalvik and cache, and flash rom and boot successfully?
Did you try to one click back to stock and install kernel and rom?
1st June 2014, 03:30 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Resolve
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjason7812

Well i am having this issue i cannot boot.. it keeps going into recovery mode..
I have tried flashing every rom etc.. everything is successful but it still goes into recovery mode.. i delete cache and user data but still goes right back in..

Please help me with this thanks

Well I for one used the file found in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1358498 At first i flashed it without the bootloader, and after that with, and thats how I fixed my problem
2nd June 2014, 05:09 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungDavis

Well I for one used the file found in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1358498 At first i flashed it without the bootloader, and after that with, and thats how I fixed my problem

Thanks for everyone trying to help, i got it working again after about 14 hours of digging... finally found something that fixed it for me...
and that was this >http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1223765<
Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes