Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble copying files to OBB Folder S4 Mini

Tip us?

ThatGuyMyke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Trouble copying files to OBB Folder S4 Mini

Hi everyone!

I recenty bought a Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 with Android 4.2.2 and I can't copy any file to the OBB folder. The phone is already rooted,and even so,Windows shows up an error message saying that the device is disconected.I already tried to copy with a file manager or unzip on the folder,but even when the files were sucefully copied,an error saying that something was wrong with the license was shown.

Just to make more clear:

I'm a noob,but I know that this version of Android has this blocking,

I rooted with Kingo Root,already checked and the phone is really with root permissions.

Also, this phone is an Brazilian version.The baseband is UBUBMK4 and the roms of the international version (including Cyanogen) doesn't seen to work correcty on it.They got problems with Wi-Fi and dual - sim drivers.

Can U guys help me? And sorry for any English mistakes..

fburgos
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Don't really understand your problem, but obb files must be on the emulated sdcard the path is

/storage/sdcard0/Android/obb

The i9192 don't have any usable version of custom rom (cyanogen)

I think you already tripped knox, why dont you try a different kernel

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Sayyaad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyMyke View Post
Hi everyone!

I recenty bought a Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 with Android 4.2.2 and I can't copy any file to the OBB folder. The phone is already rooted,and even so,Windows shows up an error message saying that the device is disconected.I already tried to copy with a file manager or unzip on the folder,but even when the files were sucefully copied,an error saying that something was wrong with the license was shown.

Just to make more clear:

I'm a noob,but I know that this version of Android has this blocking,

I rooted with Kingo Root,already checked and the phone is really with root permissions.

Also, this phone is an Brazilian version.The baseband is UBUBMK4 and the roms of the international version (including Cyanogen) doesn't seen to work correcty on it.They got problems with Wi-Fi and dual - sim drivers.

Can U guys help me? And sorry for any English mistakes..

I noticed the same problem on my 9190 yesterday, I tried two different OBB files and windows said the device disconnected.
I'm not sure what is causing this but I found out that if you copy the OBB files to the SD card first, and then use a file manager on the device, you can move it into the OBB folder

I hope this solves your problem

sfs070188
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 8
And i have same problem with u.. but after im using Foldermount my prob is already solved.. u can find out in xda.. try search Foldermount.apk..

Sent from my GT-I9190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app