How do I install a safestrap rom with i337 being unlocked to Tmobile

2nd June 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
I'm trying to help a friend install some roms on his att gs4. I'm familiar with Tmobile s4 since i have one and often install custom roms but with att phone i see its a little different.

My main question is how do I get a rom on his phone without losing Tmobile unlock privileges he currently has.

also if someone could explain how this whole loki thing works that'd be awesome, like can i install tmo rom on his 337 or only att made roms

he's probably just looking to install a nice stable tw rom that is up to date with either 4.4.2 or 4.3
2nd June 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowyguy

I'm trying to help a friend install some roms on his att gs4. I'm familiar with Tmobile s4 since i have one and often install custom roms but with att phone i see its a little different.

My main question is how do I get a rom on his phone without losing Tmobile unlock privileges he currently has.

also if someone could explain how this whole loki thing works that'd be awesome, like can i install tmo rom on his 337 or only att made roms

he's probably just looking to install a nice stable tw rom that is up to date with either 4.4.2 or 4.3

How to run other carrier roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2295557

All 4.4.2 i337 confirmed roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51130834
2nd June 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

34 posts
Thanks, these are very good links and will be extremely helpful.

I'm just wondering what would happen if after I install a rom what or if I'll have to do anything to make them work with his tmo sim/plan
2nd June 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #4  

70 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, these are very good links and will be extremely helpful.

I'm just wondering what would happen if after I install a rom what or if I'll have to do anything to make them work with his tmo sim/plan

The only thing might be entering T-Mobiles apn settings. tell your friend to go to wireless/networks > more > mobile networks > access point names and have him make a .txt with everything there so he can key it in once he's on a new rom
2nd June 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

34 posts
I'm assuming safestrap recovery will allow us to create a good old NANDroid backup incase of anything going wrong
2nd June 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #6  

70 posts
More
Quote:

I'm assuming safestrap recovery will allow us to create a good old NANDroid backup incase of anything going wrong

yeah, you can back up everything. I'd advise doing only data though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread