FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

How do I install a safestrap rom with i337 being unlocked to Tmobile

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By Stoowyguy, Member on 2nd June 2014, 06:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm trying to help a friend install some roms on his att gs4. I'm familiar with Tmobile s4 since i have one and often install custom roms but with att phone i see its a little different.

My main question is how do I get a rom on his phone without losing Tmobile unlock privileges he currently has.

also if someone could explain how this whole loki thing works that'd be awesome, like can i install tmo rom on his 337 or only att made roms

he's probably just looking to install a nice stable tw rom that is up to date with either 4.4.2 or 4.3
 
 
2nd June 2014, 06:19 AM |#2  
Rhymey's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowyguy

I'm trying to help a friend install some roms on his att gs4. I'm familiar with Tmobile s4 since i have one and often install custom roms but with att phone i see its a little different.

My main question is how do I get a rom on his phone without losing Tmobile unlock privileges he currently has.

also if someone could explain how this whole loki thing works that'd be awesome, like can i install tmo rom on his 337 or only att made roms

he's probably just looking to install a nice stable tw rom that is up to date with either 4.4.2 or 4.3

How to run other carrier roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2295557

All 4.4.2 i337 confirmed roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51130834
2nd June 2014, 06:25 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thanks, these are very good links and will be extremely helpful.

I'm just wondering what would happen if after I install a rom what or if I'll have to do anything to make them work with his tmo sim/plan
2nd June 2014, 06:27 AM |#4  
Rhymey's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowyguy

Thanks, these are very good links and will be extremely helpful.

I'm just wondering what would happen if after I install a rom what or if I'll have to do anything to make them work with his tmo sim/plan

The only thing might be entering T-Mobiles apn settings. tell your friend to go to wireless/networks > more > mobile networks > access point names and have him make a .txt with everything there so he can key it in once he's on a new rom
2nd June 2014, 06:30 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'm assuming safestrap recovery will allow us to create a good old NANDroid backup incase of anything going wrong
2nd June 2014, 06:55 AM |#6  
Rhymey's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowyguy

I'm assuming safestrap recovery will allow us to create a good old NANDroid backup incase of anything going wrong

yeah, you can back up everything. I'd advise doing only data though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes