Need a guinea pig/tester for a small project

21st May 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,117

1,013 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Thanks, and what I,m saying is you run twrp through 2nd init. I have done it on my phone before, has the same hardware as a kf1 with twice as much ram. I have not seen tarp implemented in this manner before though, only cwm, that's another reason I wanted to test this idea.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Oh. You mean a FakeFlash? That's when you flash a zip that actually just overlays a second recovery. Ex. Flashing a TWRP FakeFlash would allow you to use TWRP from the stock recovery without replacing the installed recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 608

2,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

Oh. You mean a FakeFlash? That's when you flash a zip that actually just overlays a second recovery. Ex. Flashing a TWRP FakeFlash would allow you to use TWRP from the stock recovery without replacing the installed recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That kinda sounds like it, for a more detailed explanation, this is what i'm basing it off of: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095825

I believe thats the right link. Had to search for it so it might not be but i think it is.
31st May 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #13  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 91

418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

That kinda sounds like it, for a more detailed explanation, this is what i'm basing it off of: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095825

I believe thats the right link. Had to search for it so it might not be but i think it is.

Kindle's back up and running, I'll test it.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<
31st May 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #14  
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok I'll upload it tomorrow. I was just checking my notifications. On a side note I left my kindle in the car and woke and woke up and realized it, having to use my phone to check messages because I will cause a domino reaction if I open the front door... it starts with dogs waking up...

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #15  
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry I haven't uploaded it yet, i will upload it when I have a chance, my weekend has been chaotic because I've been having to prepare for the job I am starting training for tomorrow. I have been meaning to do it but I hit another snag when I finally got some time to myself I told Ubuntu to upgrade to 14.04 and then unity surprised me and now apparently can't set the window buttons to right so I feel like i'm using a mac which I do not like at all so I decided to use mate since its pretty much what mynfavorite Ubuntu distribution had 10.04lts) so I have been spending the better part of the day reconfiguring it so it was more so like Ubuntu 10.04's theme but I modernized it a bit. Still not done with the theme yet but it is much much better. I think I'm going to attempt to add transparency to the theme. Just realized how off topic i went. Anyways I will see about uploading it tomorrow after I get off of work.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread