Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need a guinea pig/tester for a small project

Tip us?

r3pwn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Thanks, and what I,m saying is you run twrp through 2nd init. I have done it on my phone before, has the same hardware as a kf1 with twice as much ram. I have not seen tarp implemented in this manner before though, only cwm, that's another reason I wanted to test this idea.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
Oh. You mean a FakeFlash? That's when you flash a zip that actually just overlays a second recovery. Ex. Flashing a TWRP FakeFlash would allow you to use TWRP from the stock recovery without replacing the installed recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Need help?
Hit me up on Twitter or Google+ or, you know, just send me a PM.

My Reddit:
r3pwn-dev

Like what I do?
Feel free to donate to my PayPal

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn View Post
Oh. You mean a FakeFlash? That's when you flash a zip that actually just overlays a second recovery. Ex. Flashing a TWRP FakeFlash would allow you to use TWRP from the stock recovery without replacing the installed recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
That kinda sounds like it, for a more detailed explanation, this is what i'm basing it off of: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095825

I believe thats the right link. Had to search for it so it might not be but i think it is.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

Ph0enix_216
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
That kinda sounds like it, for a more detailed explanation, this is what i'm basing it off of: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095825

I believe thats the right link. Had to search for it so it might not be but i think it is.
Kindle's back up and running, I'll test it.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<

Phone: ZTE Valet Z665C
ROM: Stock
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Android Version: 4.1.1
Recovery: Stock
----------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Kernel: Fastcharge!
Android Version: 4.4

Recovery: PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition

stunts513
Old
Thanks Meter 608

DONATE TO ME
Ok I'll upload it tomorrow. I was just checking my notifications. On a side note I left my kindle in the car and woke and woke up and realized it, having to use my phone to check messages because I will cause a domino reaction if I open the front door... it starts with dogs waking up...

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE

stunts513
Old
Thanks Meter 608

DONATE TO ME
Sorry I haven't uploaded it yet, i will upload it when I have a chance, my weekend has been chaotic because I've been having to prepare for the job I am starting training for tomorrow. I have been meaning to do it but I hit another snag when I finally got some time to myself I told Ubuntu to upgrade to 14.04 and then unity surprised me and now apparently can't set the window buttons to right so I feel like i'm using a mac which I do not like at all so I decided to use mate since its pretty much what mynfavorite Ubuntu distribution had 10.04lts) so I have been spending the better part of the day reconfiguring it so it was more so like Ubuntu 10.04's theme but I modernized it a bit. Still not done with the theme yet but it is much much better. I think I'm going to attempt to add transparency to the theme. Just realized how off topic i went. Anyways I will see about uploading it tomorrow after I get off of work.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk