FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

How do I install a safestrap rom with i337 being unlocked to Tmobile

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By Stoowyguy, Member on 2nd June 2014, 06:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm trying to help a friend install some roms on his att gs4. I'm familiar with Tmobile s4 since i have one and often install custom roms but with att phone i see its a little different.

My main question is how do I get a rom on his phone without losing Tmobile unlock privileges he currently has.

also if someone could explain how this whole loki thing works that'd be awesome, like can i install tmo rom on his 337 or only att made roms

he's probably just looking to install a nice stable tw rom that is up to date with either 4.4.2 or 4.3
 
 
2nd June 2014, 06:19 AM |#2  
Rhymey's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowyguy

I'm trying to help a friend install some roms on his att gs4. I'm familiar with Tmobile s4 since i have one and often install custom roms but with att phone i see its a little different.

My main question is how do I get a rom on his phone without losing Tmobile unlock privileges he currently has.

also if someone could explain how this whole loki thing works that'd be awesome, like can i install tmo rom on his 337 or only att made roms

he's probably just looking to install a nice stable tw rom that is up to date with either 4.4.2 or 4.3

How to run other carrier roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2295557

All 4.4.2 i337 confirmed roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51130834
2nd June 2014, 06:25 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thanks, these are very good links and will be extremely helpful.

I'm just wondering what would happen if after I install a rom what or if I'll have to do anything to make them work with his tmo sim/plan
2nd June 2014, 06:27 AM |#4  
Rhymey's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowyguy

Thanks, these are very good links and will be extremely helpful.

I'm just wondering what would happen if after I install a rom what or if I'll have to do anything to make them work with his tmo sim/plan

The only thing might be entering T-Mobiles apn settings. tell your friend to go to wireless/networks > more > mobile networks > access point names and have him make a .txt with everything there so he can key it in once he's on a new rom
2nd June 2014, 06:30 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'm assuming safestrap recovery will allow us to create a good old NANDroid backup incase of anything going wrong
2nd June 2014, 06:55 AM |#6  
Rhymey's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowyguy

I'm assuming safestrap recovery will allow us to create a good old NANDroid backup incase of anything going wrong

yeah, you can back up everything. I'd advise doing only data though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes